Forums > Kitesurfing General

Where to kite in ...... Caribbean ?

Created by Silviorale > 9 months ago, 17 Sep 2015
Silviorale
2 posts
17 Sep 2015 10:02PM
Thumbs Up

What's up guys

I know over here there are so many good places to kite ! I know it very well but me and my friends are going to Caribbean and I can bet that many of you were there kiting !!
So question of mine is where are good places to kite? Which Islands, which dates. What should be looking for and what should I be aware of. We want also to charter a yacht to visit as much as we can over there. Does any has an expierence in such a trip in that area with a chartered yacht with a captain?

cheers

peterbacon
NSW, 41 posts
18 Sep 2015 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

Hey mate,

done a bit of that area, Aruba, bonier,Barbados, Bahamas and did a boat trip

pm me and il give you more info mate.

time of the year is december till july, aruba any time.

antlanglands
WA, 67 posts
18 Sep 2015 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

Cabarete

Chris_M
2128 posts
18 Sep 2015 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
antlanglands said..
Cabarete

+1, the place is sick!

Alysum
NSW, 1024 posts
18 Sep 2015 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

I'm planning on a trip to Barbados, Martinique and Guadeloupe next July so also keen for some tips !

Silviorale
2 posts
24 Sep 2015 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
peterbacon said..
Hey mate,

done a bit of that area, Aruba, bonier,Barbados, Bahamas and did a boat trip

pm me and il give you more info mate.

time of the year is december till july, aruba any time.

Yeap,

please list your favourite places and would like to make a list of them with others as well. Did you charter a boat there ?

Capt Loopy
NSW, 276 posts
24 Sep 2015 11:52PM
Thumbs Up

My favourite was Antigua.

Least favourite was Puerto Rico

Other places I liked where B.V.I, U.S.V.I & Barbados

TomW059
183 posts
25 Sep 2015 5:23AM
Thumbs Up

First. Research the sargasso seaweed invasion. I was on Barbados in early April and it pretty much ruined kiting at silver sands. Wind was poor, 4 days in 2 weeks. Beach is small, sideshore current 1 knt with wind, rescue beach surrounded by razor sharp rocks. Turtles are beautiful animals, but not when in kiting area...
That said, sup surfing at Freights with turtles and flying fish every morning made up for lack of wind, and Barbados people and culture are friendly, open, down to earth. Snorkling off Browns beach with turtles almost everyday, my boy played beach soccor with local kids hours everyday.
Longing to go back...

Phoney
NSW, 583 posts
25 Sep 2015 1:46PM
Thumbs Up

I did a a week in San Blas islands last December. Was blowing steady 20 - 28 knots, all day, every day.

However as a kiting destination, I wouldn't recommend it. I didnt see any other kiters there, probably for a good reason.

Small islands covered in coconut palms with limited launching areas.

Sharp shallow coral reef and if you get injured out there, you can be up to several days away from a hospital in Colon city.

Stunning islands though. They all look like cocos in WA.

HeavyInt
NSW, 36 posts
25 Sep 2015 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

I sailed around there over 10 years ago. Heaps of good spots, it was ages ago, but the best spots (from a yacht) from memory were Anguilla, Isla Rocas, Isla Aves, Isla Coche (awesome and easy to get to). The Grenadines were top of the list in terms of overall kiting and stereotypical 'island paradise'. BVI was ok, St Lucia was ok, St Kitts... there are loads of spots over there and the wind is pretty reliable.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"Where to kite in ...... Caribbean ?" started by Silviorale