Forums > Kitesurfing General

tassie kiteboarders?

Created by tassieflyer > 9 months ago, 26 Jan 2009
tassieflyer
2 posts
26 Jan 2009 11:43AM
Thumbs Up

so i have just bought some gear and am returning to tassie on friday.
i was wondering about good places to go practice and get used to the kite and do some body dragging and all that(a fair bit of space)

any one with some ideas i would love to hear from
i am from launceston but will travel any where for a good bit of fun.
ps i am hoping to have another lesson before on thursday before i come home.

waynos
TAS, 171 posts
26 Jan 2009 3:27PM
Thumbs Up

Best place close to Launceston would probably be Port Sorell, but you'll need to be there a couple of hours either side of high tide coz it goes out a fair way, and there are a couple of rocks that become exposed,otherwise grab a weekend and go down to Stanley.

ex2500
19 posts
26 Jan 2009 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

Yep I am coming down in early march for about 1 week, and going to bring my gear.I have a wedding to go to in Devonport and apart from that not many commitments,so hopeing to score some nice wind/waves wherever.Just know the water will be alot colder than what i am used to these days.

waynos
TAS, 171 posts
26 Jan 2009 4:03PM
Thumbs Up

Been kiting in boardies and a rashie the last couple of weeks, the water in the North of the island is not cold at the moment especially if you get somewhere shallow.

tassieflyer
2 posts
26 Jan 2009 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

well hopefully sunday if it looks good and any one is keen i might take a trip to stanly leave about 5 or 6 am if the day looks good or maybe east coast

ex2500
19 posts
27 Jan 2009 7:09AM
Thumbs Up

So where on the east coast St Helens, or i thought around Swansea?

TKSA
TAS, 41 posts
27 Jan 2009 11:02AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Join the Tasmanian Kite Surfing Association! You'll meet a bunch of kiters of all levels and soon enough you'll be hooking up with kiters every time you go out.
More info on this site www.kitesurftasmania.com.au.tt and soon a TKSA forum on here.

roger dodger...

laurie
WA, 3848 posts
27 Jan 2009 11:27AM
Thumbs Up

Here it is:

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=65

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing General

"tassie kiteboarders?" started by tassieflyer