Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

06 Liquid Force M80 & Cabrinha CO2 comparisons

Created by Louie > 9 months ago, 6 Dec 2005
Louie
WA, 71 posts
6 Dec 2005 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone tried and or have any comments on new current 12m 06 model Liquid Force M 80 and Cabrinha CO2 or the the 05 CO2. I'm wanting to buy a new kite and have been told these are both good kites. Any comments greatly appreciated.

Also does anyone know if kites with a 5th line can be split in half by the 5th line, I have heard that it can be a problem if they fly overhead or crash in certain positions.
Louie

CAUTION
WA, 1092 posts
7 Dec 2005 9:45AM
Thumbs Up

the m-80 5th line attaches to the kite at three points spread accross the leading edge.
this not only takes the stress away from one point for attachment but if the kite rolls it doesnt tear it in half, it just wraps around, then i have found every time the line then goes around one side then up comes the kite.
just means you have to go in and re-run your lines as you have a wrap around the 5th, but you can get to shore easy.
this only normally happens if you ar in rolling waves tho.

i have the 12 & 7.
the 7 is unbelievably fast if you throw it around. it is a wave riding machine, just need over 20 knots.
the 12 gets goin super early and is a tank. still getting used to the power.
i bought this combo to replace my 8 & 12 normal setup. it maybe has a little gap inbetween but i am still working out the limits & line lengths/bar lengths etc. tho on a surfboard and unhooked the kites get going remarkably early.

the one thing i found with these kites is they get going early, tho as they are low-medium aspect and sit pretty far back in the window you dont hold your ground as easy in the lighter days, but i dont really care too much on that cos most others are walkin anyway.

the best things with these kites are:

-the bigger kites just sit there like a boat so you can go for it.
-all kites turn end on end so are sweet ass for waves
-when you are turning they dont yank you off your edge like a lot of the higher aspects do. they dont lift you either so you can hold ur edge to ride waves in control.
-construction is great, a definite improvements is seen every year with lf
-spider inflation is sewn in, a handy thing this, makes rigging up fast.
-look sic (important!!)
-price is super affordable

anyways my opinions on the m80's and everyone that has bort them has had grins from ear to ear at scabbies.
dont know a lot of the cabrinha C02's as not many around perth.

wal269
WA, 715 posts
7 Dec 2005 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

05 CO2 is the 4 line Recon 2 kite and is now super cheap 2nd hand. I flew em and loved em. Super stable and easy to use. Moderate aspect and took my kiting to a new level after a couple of seasons struggling to improve on the older high aspects ratios. If budget is a prob go for these as you will get a quiver for the cost of one 06 kite.

The 06 Co2 is a 5 line kite dont know anything about em as most people are going for the bows.

Good luck

Louie
WA, 71 posts
7 Dec 2005 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for your advice I will be checking out a few kites when back in town soon.
Louie

Dan Jones
WA, 101 posts
8 Dec 2005 8:01AM
Thumbs Up

Havent flown the CO2 but the new m80's are really good everything that caution said.. Best value for money kites on the market..
Go test fly one..

lunchbox
QLD, 3 posts
8 Dec 2005 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

i have tried both 12m kites several times. the m80 is a nice o5 model kite. as for the co2 o6, MORE POWER, you will jump higher and the wind range is incomparable. If your a heavy or strong solid rider you will notice the co2 06 holds its shape while turning under a mass of load while the m80 loses shape and turns like a truck under pressure.

MORT
WA, 33 posts
12 Dec 2005 8:19PM
Thumbs Up

quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox

i have tried both 12m kites several times. the m80 is a nice o5 model kite. as for the co2 o6, MORE POWER, you will jump higher and the wind range is incomparable. If your a heavy or strong solid rider you will notice the co2 06 holds its shape while turning under a mass of load while the m80 loses shape and turns like a truck under pressure.

Are you really a lunchbox or just a tool, what a crap review by a spanner that probably hasen't even flown the 2006 M80.

elizabethb
QLD, 2081 posts
14 Dec 2005 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

The m80 is 05/06..... theres no new ones anywhere yet for aaaaages

kiterdude
NSW, 54 posts
21 Dec 2005 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

hey Mort
Your the ****ing tool mate. Lunchbox was just giving his opinion - if you have a different opinion then state it otherwise p1ss off.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"06 Liquid Force M80 & Cabrinha CO2 comparisons" started by Louie