Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

17m Airush Ultra V2 - Review and Test Video

Created by KiteBud > 9 months ago, 17 Sep 2018
KiteBud
WA, 1518 posts
17 Sep 2018 8:10AM
Thumbs Up

Disclosure: I run a kitesurfing school associated with Airush.

Hi guys, I got a chance to try the new 17m Airush Ultra V2 in light winds. Last year the biggest Ultra was a 15m which I found very powerful and a great tool for teaching in sub 15 knots conditions. This year, in the bigger sizes, the Ultra comes in 12, 14 and 17m. Weighing only 3.5kg for a 17m kite, it can stay up in the air in the lightest breezes. These kites are ideal for teaching in low winds are they don't stall even when flown in the lower parts of the edge of the wind window, where other multi strut kites would normally stall. Relaunch is very easy, however I recommend pumping to 10 PSI for better relaunch performance. I managed to inflate the kite from 0 to 10 PSI in 60 seconds using the Airush XL pump, impressive for a kite this big.

Here is a quick review and test video:

Next step is to try it on the hydrofoil in sub 8 knot winds.

Christian

NorthernKitesAUS
QLD, 1061 posts
18 Sep 2018 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Great location C. Nice looking kite. How much do you weigh?

KiteBud
WA, 1518 posts
21 Sep 2018 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

A little more about what this kite can do. This is a 90kg student on his 10th hour of lesson with no practice in between lessons and no prior experience whatsoever. I never thought it would be possible to teach any newbie to ride in sub 10 knots winds.

Christian

KiteBud
WA, 1518 posts
21 Sep 2018 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NorthernKitesAUS said..
Great location C. Nice looking kite. How much do you weigh?

Between 85 and 90 depending on the time of year :)

carbine
WA, 1440 posts
31 Jan 2019 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

Man these kites are gold.The thing about them is you can actually stroke them while on an edge and cruise upwind.

Apparent speed can be generated from Signing like nothing else. Its like going back to the Wipiki Classic 5m days but with control.

I am cranking on a 5m in <20knots at 75kg.

MikeyG
WA, 156 posts
31 Jan 2019 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

Demo'd the 9m last weekend. What a great kite. Plenty of power, easy to use/forgiving and was actually surprised it boosts pretty well too. The range was great and it drifts.

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
31 Jan 2019 10:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MikeyG said..
Demo'd the 9m last weekend. What a great kite. Plenty of power, easy to use/forgiving and was actually surprised it boosts pretty well too. The range was great and it drifts.

You know the drill mate
post the pics or ya talking shiddz

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"17m Airush Ultra V2 - Review and Test Video" started by KiteBud