Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2009 Airush Choptop

Created by high as a kite > 9 months ago, 9 Feb 2009
high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
9 Feb 2009 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone had a chance to demo the '09 Airush Choptop yet?
Reviews please.

specimen
WA, 221 posts
9 Feb 2009 3:05PM
Thumbs Up

Hi High

yeah I demoed one and loved it and now own one and reckon it's the goods. If your true to yourself and the surf condition that you probably ride in you will bounce around like a kangaroo on other surf boards but the chop top is more solid.
I love it i think it's a great board for the true choppy surf slop that we mainly always get. You can ride it hooked or unhooked and it cuts up wind like nothing else. My advice is to get one.

high as a kite
SA, 1312 posts
9 Feb 2009 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for that Speciman,
We have mushy waves and chop around here so Yeah , I'm pretty well sold on it as well.
Is there anything you would change on it?

Radman
WA, 629 posts
9 Feb 2009 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

put sum standard finz g7 fcs add sum strapz and u got your self the hottest light wind frestyle wave free rider ever. standard finz are alittle to slipery forwave riding.add strapz for the back rolls and u still got the option of unstrapped as there is so much dek space even on such a short board , position the staps well back and u will have room for your foot in frount of the strap.itz nice and stable for jibing and trucks up wind would be suitable for course racing in lighter winds.it feels heavy but this dosnt seem to affect performance only gives confidence that itaint going to snap all in all makes fora great all round board.

teags
SA, 2 posts
9 Feb 2009 10:49PM
Thumbs Up

High as a kite, you know you want one, you know you need one, stop diddling around. Buy one so i can ride it too!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2009 Airush Choptop" started by high as a kite