14 Oct 2009 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: ,advanced
Style: Freeriding, Surf, Wake, Freestyle
Weather: 12-15 knots
Build Quality: 10/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Disclosure: Kite Oz

My Comments: Part 2 of the review, the wind picked up a bit last weekend, steady 12-15kn with the occ. gust up to 18kn.
The Ovando did very well as expected. Easy to load for big jumps, managed my first board off`s due to the increased hang time, soft landings. Once you going high up in the air, the kite does not need to much attention and you have enough airtime to do your trick or just take in the views.

I tried different settings.On Max power the kite is more explosive in those light to moderate winds. The medium setting is making the Ovando a tame Kite(12-15kn).
Power delivery is smooth, no on and off.

The bar pressure is medium to light. You feel connected to the Ovando, so it does not feel to loose as other kites on the market. Big plus here!

The forecast for monday next week is strong wind with 20+ kn.

If u get the chance to test this Kite, go for it! Awesome Kite & easy on the pocket!

Cheers,

Andre`

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
20 Oct 2009 8:51AM
Thumbs Up

Important to note here that the Ovando is not aimed at beginners due to it's power. If you are looking for THE MOST powerful kite on the market this is it though. At 85kg I get going on a 9m in around 12knt on a twin tip.

Jas

BillTotal
QLD, 50 posts
23 Oct 2009 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Had the 2010 EH Ovando 11 m out today. Wind 19kn gust 22 ESE. No problems flying the kite. Loading the kite for big jumps is easy, basically just send the kite and up you go. Coming down is floaty and the landings are soft. The handling of the handling of the ovando in the waves is a treat. Wave surfers will appreciate the short bar travel to kill the power of the kite to ride the wave and not getting pulled over.

Usable windrange for me 73kg using 23m lines on a 128x38 tt 10 to 20kn, max out on 22kn. If using the 4m extension lines the kite comes with, you may be able to get a low end of 8-9 kn out of the kite. In very light wind ( less than 10kn) a bigger board will certainly make a difference.

In my opinion the Ovando is a very versatile and powerfull kite, and will suit kiteboarders who are looking for a powertool that delivers. (not only on the paper :))

Cheers, Andre`

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2010 EH Ovando 11m" started by BillTotal