Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2011 naish bolt 10m launch malfuction

Created by munro > 9 months ago, 13 Dec 2010
munro
WA, 28 posts
13 Dec 2010 7:06AM
Thumbs Up

Has any one had problems self launching, my 8 and 12 work fine but the 10 malfunctions every time. What hapens is during launching the two top lines slide over each other then catch on the knots causing the kite to roll out of control. My retailer said no one else reported any problem but Ive had enough of this crappy kite. Has any one else had this problem or solved it. Ive showed people what hapens and no ones been able to offer a solution that works.

BigBlock
53 posts
13 Dec 2010 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

There are a lot of different launching techniques, and not all of them work on all kites. Maybe try a different way. What method are you using, some times it can be as easy as running your lines the other way or just making sure you pull one line over the other before you try to launch. Also changing the position you are standing can cause the kite to move and roll up differently.

The best most reliable way of self launching is to fold over the wingtip, i also like the method of hooking your chicken loop to a bull bar or post then standing the kite up. Dragging the kite is my least preferred method it is the technique that seems to have the most failures. Best bet is to get a Kitebitch to launch your kite.

Get a video of you launching and show us where the snag is.

radman4
678 posts
13 Dec 2010 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

Its a bit of a harsh call to bag the kite over a self launch (prob scuff launch) problem, manufacturers dont build kites for you to scuff or slide launch, if you are able to do it its a +,try a tethered launch instead it'll work no probs.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2011 naish bolt 10m launch malfuction" started by munro