2014 Slingshot RPM

Created by jordy > 9 months ago, 13 Nov 2013
Flying High
NSW, 208 posts
9 Jan 2014 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
hydra said..

got a chance to demo both the 11m and 9m rpm.
these kites like to be ridden fast, i had the 11m out in 18-23 knots and i felt the need for more power. i weigh 95 kgs bout 6ft. bar pressure is light and the kite feels nice within its wind range. it seems to be a sweet wakestyle machine and freestyle.
i noticed it loved to loop but had a bit of flutter on the outside canopy in the loop.
tried the 9m in 30+ knots, it felt quite good but when it gusts up the kite can buck a bit., got cattapulted in a gust . however the 9m rally in the same conditions was solid as a rock. all i can put this down to is the sliding loops on the front bridal. boosting was controllable but not as good as the rally, probably because of the unpridictability in the gusts more than anything.
both 9 and 11 rpms are sweet in the turns and need a bit more wind to perform than most other kites ive used.

Just a quick question, was the Rally you compared the RPM against a 2013 or 2014 model?
(I demo'd 2013 Rally and RPM's and found the Rally very stable but too slow for my liking, hence the question.)

hydra
SA, 254 posts
9 Jan 2014 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Flying high, it was a 2014 rally. the 9m rpm did turn faster with a lighter bar but the ralley 9m definately isnt slow in the turns.

kitebored
NSW, 550 posts
20 Jan 2014 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..

Thanks for that arloj. I will have to move that knot back soon, front lines have stretched into place and the red mini fifth is very taught when fully powered...which how i ride 95% of the time.

Yeh the rally is a sweet kite hey. great booster to. I know you did tell me...forgot already what was the sizes of each kite you were on again?

actually those looking at say the dice and the rally as an option Ik surf mag did a really accurate review of the dice I (we) thought, so maybe the rally is close to...

www.iksurfmag.com/reviews/

They've done a Rally 2014 review now also -> www.iksurfmag.com/issue41/?page=109

jordy
SA, 449 posts
11 Jun 2014 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

Thought I'd reply to my own post..

Got my new kites back in early February.

Flew the 9 metre flat out. Great kite, fast, stable, re launches no worries. Classic RPM & Slingshot kite. Happy again & glad I stuck with them.

Got the 13m out at Easter for the first time. Flew like a piece of crap. Pulled hard to one side. After 20 minutes my right lat was that sore I had to put it down. measured up the lines that night, all ended up being different lengths hence the pull. Dropped the bar into the local SS retailer (Who is also the Australian distributor) left the bar, name & phone number but yet to hear a thing from him or a fix/ replacement etc. So can't comment on the 13m or how it flies and will refrain from making any other comments.

kitingtopher
SA, 310 posts
16 Jun 2014 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

who is the slingshot dealer in sa? my octane is in need of replacement, and very few reviews.

Nobile
SA, 42 posts
16 Jun 2014 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

Sunday Surf in Henley Beach square
Opposite to the Ramsgate Hotel next to the Coffee Club

Open Tuesday to Sunday
10am to 5pm

Stance Semaphore rd. #71
Couple doors down from the Odeon movie theatre

045045 4890

Open Wednesday to Sunday
12 to 5pm

kitingtopher
SA, 310 posts
16 Jun 2014 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

cheers , shop looks like it has a heap of stuff to check out!

Nobile
SA, 42 posts
16 Jun 2014 5:02PM
Thumbs Up

www.facebook.com/SundaySurfHenley

Nobile
SA, 42 posts
16 Jun 2014 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

www.facebook.com/StanceAllride

jordy
SA, 449 posts
29 Jun 2014 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Just another follow up-

Finally have the Aussie distributor send me a PM on Seabreeze messages saying that they lost my details which is why I hadn't heard from them re my bar & lines. Reply back to the message with my name & phone number but still yet to hear a thing a week later from them.

So it's been 3 months since he's had it but I'm yet to have a phone call or response. Not sure how the othe fella got on with his pulleys?

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
1 Jul 2014 11:45PM
Thumbs Up

I emailed slingshot again and said whats going on? And they arrived in the mail the next day express post.

jordy
SA, 449 posts
2 Jul 2014 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

Slingshot Oz or Slingshot USA/ International?

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
2 Jul 2014 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
jordy said...
Slingshot Oz or Slingshot USA/ International?

USA international

Nobile
SA, 42 posts
2 Jul 2014 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

The Pulley came from OZ. Australian Express.

Although we strongly encourage you to go back to your retailer in OZ, we sent them to you directly.

Nobile
SA, 42 posts
2 Jul 2014 5:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hi All,

The Pulley Issue only affects some of the early 2014 RPM release. But please enquire your local dealer if you have any doubts.
Cheers,

WA, 1255 posts
5 Jul 2014 3:13PM
Thumbs Up

why don't ss supply alloy slider rings without the coating? Good idea going with the ring sliders.. Just get the right ones, they're out there.

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
22 Jul 2014 6:22PM
Thumbs Up

I got the replacement pullys but wasnt gonna change them because i like the sliders. Just made sure toCheck my bridals each time before i went out. When i checked yesterday the outer sheeth was fully warn threw on both sides and only a few strands on the inner holding it togeather. Changed them now. So dodgey tho, if i didnt see this post on sb i wouldnt have known to check my bridals. Especialy since the kite is still only 4 months old.

wishy
WA, 1315 posts
24 Jul 2014 9:15AM
Thumbs Up

Does the 2014 slingshot bar have a stopper ball?
I might get just the bar, noone else seems to have stopper balls anymore except the dangerous hook thing on the cores?

WA, 1255 posts
24 Jul 2014 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wishy said..
Does the 2014 slingshot bar have a stopper ball?
I might get just the bar, noone else seems to have stopper balls anymore except the dangerous hook thing on the cores?

Yes they do.

2014 bars feel a bit heavier (weight wise) than previous versions if that matters.. pretty slick bar though, lines are nice.

Otherwise, I think the Switch bar does also. Looks decent and probably a bit cheaper.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2014 Slingshot RPM" started by jordy