Thumbs Up

Rider: 77kg, intermediate freestyle
Style: Freestyle
Weather: 18-22 knots @ Safety Bay, Butterflat water on the 2015 9m Torch
Build Quality: 10/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Disclosure: Owner at WA SURF

My Comments:

Brief disclaimer, yes of course this is going to be a positive review since we sell these products but I always try to be honest.

Finally had a solid session on the 2015 Livewire and had my first test of the new AP (Alex Pastor) Airush Boots.

Starting with the boots, the build quality looks top notch. Airush have produced these boots themselves so aren't just a wake boot knock off, although you can tell they've definitely started with current wake boots and developed from there - no point in reinventing the wheel. They were a little tight to get in to the first time but once they were wet you just slipped right in (PHRASING!). The laces were extremely easy to tighten and loosen so plugging in to your board with your kite in the air was as quick and easy as it can be.

The board was fast and lively. Getting plenty of pop was no problem and the landings were super smooth. Even landed some tricks I can't do regularly, and with ease without catching edges or burying the nose of the board on heavy landings. It doesn't have a huge amount of rocker allowing the board to get up and planing pretty effortlessly. The new Livewire, to be honest, didn't impress me hugely on my first few sessions this summer. I have been riding a huge mix of boards but mainly the 2015 North Team Series and 2015 Naish Monarch so perhaps it's just the getting used to phase. Yesterday however, I was in love!

It's super smooth to slide around out of tricks such as when landing to blind but when you keep some pressure on your back foot the channels provide with more than enough grip for freestyle riders. Carve transitions the board didn't slip out and you could see the channels and medium sized fins grabbing the water and allowing you to really drive through the turns.

Overall, I was super happy with the board providing heaps of pop and really easy, smooth and soft landings without catching edges.

Definitely get down to your local Airush dealer if you are looking for a new freestyle board. The 2015 Airush Livewire is $925 complete with footpads. The AP Boots are $580.

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
30 Nov 2014 6:37PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
WA Surf said..
Rider: 77kg, intermediate freestyle
Style: Freestyle
Weather: 18-22 knots @ Safety Bay, Butterflat water on the 2015 9m Torch
Build Quality: 10/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Disclosure: Owner at WA SURF

My Comments:

Brief disclaimer, yes of course this is going to be a positive review since we sell these products but I always try to be honest.

Finally had a solid session on the 2015 Livewire and had my first test of the new AP (Alex Pastor) Airush Boots.

Starting with the boots, the build quality looks top notch. Airush have produced these boots themselves so aren't just a wake boot knock off, although you can tell they've definitely started with current wake boots and developed from there - no point in reinventing the wheel. They were a little tight to get in to the first time but once they were wet you just slipped right in (PHRASING!). The laces were extremely easy to tighten and loosen so plugging in to your board with your kite in the air was as quick and easy as it can be.

The board was fast and lively. Getting plenty of pop was no problem and the landings were super smooth. Even landed some tricks I can't do regularly, and with ease without catching edges or burying the nose of the board on heavy landings. It doesn't have a huge amount of rocker allowing the board to get up and planing pretty effortlessly. The new Livewire, to be honest, didn't impress me hugely on my first few sessions this summer. I have been riding a huge mix of boards but mainly the 2015 North Team Series and 2015 Naish Monarch so perhaps it's just the getting used to phase. Yesterday however, I was in love!

It's super smooth to slide around out of tricks such as when landing to blind but when you keep some pressure on your back foot the channels provide with more than enough grip for freestyle riders. Carve transitions the board didn't slip out and you could see the channels and medium sized fins grabbing the water and allowing you to really drive through the turns.

Overall, I was super happy with the board providing heaps of pop and really easy, smooth and soft landings without catching edges.

Definitely get down to your local Airush dealer if you are looking for a new freestyle board. The 2015 Airush Livewire is $925 complete with footpads. The AP Boots are $580.

Ive had probably 50 hrs on the 140 livewire and AP boots- bit fan here, like the higher cut have found i needed to put an insole in to take some of the heat our of heavy landings.

No affiliation and am happy to field questions

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2015 Airush Livewire 138 with AP Boots" started by WA Surf