Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2015 Best Admiral

Created by BestAustralia > 9 months ago, 22 Sep 2014
BestAustralia
NSW, 5 posts
22 Sep 2014 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Lets get this straight, Admiral is a board of class. No gimmicks, no tricks, this board oozes sophistication of the highest concentration. The elite among us dream of a board like Admiral, and designers cry the words ‘Why didn’t I think of that!’ when they see the elegance delivered by Franz Schitzhofer.

We’re not kidding when we say the Best Admiral is something special, but just in case you, yes you, the humble kiteboarder out there, doubts us. We’re going to tell you why.

(Written by a guy who’s ridden one.)

The Admiral, the Prince of the Sea, is special, because we put our heart and soul into this board. It’s years of work, incorporating over a decade of rider input and feedback. Admiral is the product of sleepless nights, vivid dreams and endless clouds of carbon dust.

Admiral uses no fiberglass, her glossy skin hides a sandwich of Carbon and Basalt Fiber, which in turn supports and protects a CNC machined Paulownia Wood core. This core, has 3D layers, shaped to provide the perfect flex patterns across the board while riding.

On the base of Admiral, like a curvatious backside, is a sexy, subtle double concave to direct water flow. Assisted by the rebound dampening characteristics of the Basalt Fibre, Admiral lands smoothly like a well trained pilot; with no bouncing, and complete control as you make contact with the water.

Slicing through choppy water like a blade, is the crest upon Best Admiral’s shoulder. Our unique Double Edge along Admiral’s rail offers the rider more grip, a silky smooth ride and directs spray away from your eyes. Exclusive to Best, this Double Edge must be ridden to fully understand.

Admiral is two boards in one, no, more! Admiral is a freeride twintip, a surfboard, a wakeboard and freestylers wet dream. Using the Best Rocker Flex Adjuster, changing the rocker of Admiral transforms her from a pussy cat into a lion, ready for anything you require.

You will find no other board that rides like her. So visit your local Best Dealer, take Admiral for a ride and experience what the Prince of the Sea has to offer.

The Best Admiral, available in 133x40, 135x41, 137x42.
RRP $999 AUD.

www.bestkiteboarding.com/en/2015-admiral

DelFuego
WA, 213 posts
22 Sep 2014 11:37AM
Thumbs Up

should this be in the section called
ADVERTISEMENTS
Im sure its a great board, but i thought the reviews were for semi/independent people

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
22 Sep 2014 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DelFuego said..
should this be in the section called
ADVERTISEMENTS
Im sure its a great board, but i thought the reviews were for semi/independent people

Good point especially when others are site sponsors,

Rocker flex adjuster seems a bit gak to me, interested to see how it performs looks pretty light weight

Poida
WA, 1915 posts
22 Sep 2014 5:16PM
Thumbs Up

I have a quiver of 3 wave/freeride kites, 6, 8 and 10 going for $1,500 all up if anyone interested. all in excellent condition.
pickup in Perth

gdownie
NSW, 141 posts
22 Sep 2014 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys
would be good to hear from anyone ,other than sponsored riders and seller who has tried this board in detail.

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
23 Sep 2014 1:04PM
Thumbs Up

site sponsor? Should have got one of your team riders to say how good it is!

Turbulent
WA, 5 posts
25 Sep 2014 11:00AM
Thumbs Up

Im finding it really hard to actually get an honest review of this board. It sounds wicked. is there anywhere in perth to have a look/ try one out?

pearl
NSW, 984 posts
26 Sep 2014 8:25AM
Thumbs Up

Lucky it's 3D (like every other board) otherwise it would only be a drawing in 2d for $999 AUD. Sophistication... Concentration..... Oozes bulls#|! im sure it's all tongue in cheek having a go at other crappy kiting adds, but I bet the chaser guys on the checkout would love it!

hardhat
QLD, 44 posts
6 Oct 2014 10:35AM
Thumbs Up

Hope it's better than the 2010 Waroo.

WeirdEd
VIC, 268 posts
6 Oct 2014 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds like the board was designed and built in a remote location with very limited female company:

"curvatious backside", "sexy concave"...that is so lame it hurts.

Saffer
VIC, 4501 posts
6 Oct 2014 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

Probably more honest than most of the reviews we see here which try to make their reviews look neutral, but in reality are about as biased as a politically funded advertisement.

ActionSportsWA
WA, 953 posts
6 Oct 2014 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys,

Sorry, I'm not independent as I do sell Best, but I have ridden the Admiral and can offer you my personal insights. I was surprised to see that for a full carbon board, it wasn't light weight. It weighed about the same as any other board (without getting the scales out and checking and bearing in mind this was a pre-production model, so it may be heavier than the full production model) but it did look purty! Definitely a great looking board.

The ride was very soft and it did slice through the water well. Pretty much rides as advertised. For the price its a nice board but I don't think it will suit anyone looking for a lightweight carbon board. There are many others much lighter. It's more about the ride than the weight and I think you're going to have to demo the Admiral to see if it is the board for you. It didin't flick my switch as much as the Pro-Creator, but it was a nice board.

Please bear in mind that I tested it in lighter winds, just powered enough to stay upwind, so it may well "light up" when well powered.

DM

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2015 Best Admiral" started by BestAustralia