Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2015 ION B2 shorts harness

Created by Kaha > 9 months ago, 29 Feb 2016
Kaha
VIC, 24 posts
29 Feb 2016 6:48PM
Thumbs Up

I've been using the ION B2s for a few months now and love them. But recently I noticed the straps on my left no longer seem to stay locked in place and have been sliding out. Today on a carving turn they completely came undone and the straps came completely out meaning a self rescue a not so pleasant end to my session.

Anyone else had this issue?

Any suggestions?

Kozzie
QLD, 1451 posts
29 Feb 2016 7:24PM
Thumbs Up

use a real harness

Kaha
VIC, 24 posts
29 Feb 2016 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Kozzie said..
use a real harness

tried a few times, prefer shorts, thanks for your input

Scanno
NSW, 103 posts
29 Feb 2016 8:29PM
Thumbs Up

I had a similar problem with the 2014s i jumped on a sowing machine and ran a thick patten stitch down the straps which then locked in on the claw abit better.

i also did move away from the shorts after a while back to the trusty waist harness

Emanjay
WA, 107 posts
1 Mar 2016 7:01AM
Thumbs Up

Just started using these and so annoyed I didn't ditch the waist sooner, can boost all day with almost no stomach muscle pain.. Anyway, another poster on here had same issue and got replaced under warranty?? Not sure how that would fix it. I have had to tighten mine maybe a couple of times on the water but only a little. Maybe put something on the end of the straps to avoid total release. Even if I have to adjust once or twice a session, beats having to adjust waist several times a session as I always had previously-multiple harnesses and tight as shi$

mywisdom
WA, 258 posts
1 Mar 2016 10:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Scanno said..
I had a similar problem with the 2014s i jumped on a sowing machine and ran a thick patten stitch down the straps which then locked in on the claw abit better.

i also did move away from the shorts after a while back to the trusty waist harness

just switched to these and if this is a problem I will def look out for it and apply your fix!

Kaha
VIC, 24 posts
1 Mar 2016 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Emanjay said..
Just started using these and so annoyed I didn't ditch the waist sooner, can boost all day with almost no stomach muscle pain.. Anyway, another poster on here had same issue and got replaced under warranty?? Not sure how that would fix it. I have had to tighten mine maybe a couple of times on the water but only a little. Maybe put something on the end of the straps to avoid total release. Even if I have to adjust once or twice a session, beats having to adjust waist several times a session as I always had previously-multiple harnesses and tight as shi$

Yeah, I find the shorts awesome and can't see me going back to a waist harness. For me it was two seasons of having to take time off due to bruised ribs. And yes they are awesome for big boosts. I'm sure I go higher in them since the lift is coming from lower.

Think I'm going to bend the straps back and sew them together that way there's no way they can come out.

westozwind
WA, 1258 posts
1 Mar 2016 1:15PM
Thumbs Up

Boardies over a seat harness. Job done!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2015 ION B2 shorts harness" started by Kaha