Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2015 slingshot rpm wind range?

Created by blakee > 9 months ago, 9 Feb 2015
blakee
QLD, 4 posts
9 Feb 2015 7:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hey just wonder if anyone can shed some light on their opion of what size rpm would suit conditions where I live averaging from 14-20konts mostly, A 11m or 12m I have a limited budget and would love to make a quiver but realistically I can only afford one at this stage. I'm 80kgs and ride a 141 twintip mostly

Fly on da wall
VIC, 670 posts
9 Feb 2015 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Hi, I'd go for a 12 n 9 combo and a 134 132 board.. If you are going to keep
riding a big board and only want 1 kite, a 11 or 10 would do in that range. But
you might need something like a surfboard for light wind.. and a smaller board for high wind..

It come's down to what do you want to compromise.....

crazyclint
NSW, 34 posts
9 Feb 2015 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

I'd go the 12 for the extra bottom end and stuff the hype of new kites you would get two older ones in great condition for the price of a 2015 two kites more wind range more fun

blakee
QLD, 4 posts
10 Feb 2015 8:37AM
Thumbs Up

Yea I might end up going 12 then buying a 9m in the future! Do you no if there's a big turning speed difference between the 12m to the 11m? Is the rpm generally a quicker quick then the dice? Or similar?

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
10 Feb 2015 11:17AM
Thumbs Up

Go the 12. When the wind is light use freestyle mode and if it gets too strong change it to wakestyle mode. Gives you a bit extra top end.

Fly on da wall
VIC, 670 posts
10 Feb 2015 3:53PM
Thumbs Up

From my experience riding fuels and rpm's,which are the only kites I've had for 12 or more years...

The wake setting has more power as the kite sits slightly further back in the window
giving you more power.. The freestyle setting works well if you want less power
and are riding in stronger winds.. Heaps more high wind range on the freestyle
setting, but Wake setting is by far a better choice when you have the right wind range
to suit your set up.

Any input Lofty??

glendog
QLD, 520 posts
10 Feb 2015 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Brisbud said...
From my experience riding fuels and rpm's,which are the only kites I've had for 12 or more years...

The wake setting has more power as the kite sits slightly further back in the window
giving you more power.. The freestyle setting works well if you want less power
and are riding in stronger winds.. Heaps more high wind range on the freestyle
setting, but Wake setting is by far a better choice when you have the right wind range
to suit your set up.

Any input Lofty??

Your kites must be backwards

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2015 slingshot rpm wind range?" started by blakee