Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2016 Core Section 7m

Created by ActionSportsWA > 9 months ago, 12 Aug 2015
ActionSportsWA
WA, 950 posts
12 Aug 2015 4:26PM
Thumbs Up

Just some photos, just received our 2016 Core Section demo's, we have a 7m and 9m available to try and for once it's not a yellow and white kite..
Same Core build quality and attention to detail. Based on GTS3 with a little more sweep in the tips.

Brohan
VIC, 528 posts
12 Aug 2015 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Looks nice, will be interesting to see how it goes.

julitor
2 posts
12 Aug 2015 11:53PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,
did you have a chance to compare the 7m to an xr4?

Cheers

ActionSportsWA
WA, 950 posts
13 Aug 2015 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Julitor,

We only received the kite yesterday afternoon and as yet haven't been sent our first order of XR4's, so the short answer is "no", but as soon as we get some wind, you can be sure we will review both kites thoroughly.

We will be taking the kites to our Exmouth demo week in September so most likely this will be the first opportunity for us to play with these new toys.

DM

Jared888
WA, 389 posts
14 Jan 2016 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Any feedback or general comments on the Section, pictures sitting on the deck don't help much

topturn
21 posts
14 Jan 2016 3:18PM
Thumbs Up

I have used the Section size 7 for a few months now, and have ordered the size 5 for myself yesterday.
The conopy is very light and drifts exceptionally well, the upwind capability is very good, and it has a wider wind range compared to the GTS 3 model.
I took two sessions to get comfortable, but I am very happy with the turning speed (relatively fast) and the kite handles in gusty conditions.
My 7 Section handles wind from 16 Knots (with lots of work) to 34 knots on a Directional board and my weight of 84 kg.
Demo the kite!

SibboV1
368 posts
14 Jan 2016 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Am I seeing things, or is there a bridle attachment point on the back of the strut?

KiteBud
WA, 1515 posts
14 Jan 2016 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SibboV1 said..
Am I seeing things, or is there a bridle attachment point on the back of the strut?

It's a velcro to keep the bridles from tangling when you pack up the kite. comes standards on any Core kite and I've seen it on other brands as well

Brohan
VIC, 528 posts
14 Jan 2016 8:24PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SibboV1 said..

I think it's just a velcro tab to hold your bridles there when you pack it up, I never use it thought.

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
14 Jan 2016 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

There is a 10m available for demo on the eastern side as well for those interested.

geloof68
54 posts
15 Jan 2016 12:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
julitor said..
Hi,
did you have a chance to compare the 7m to an xr4?

Cheers

Totally different kites. Why do you want to compare XR4 with Section? XR4 doesn't drift and steers relatively slow. I have both kites in 9m.

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
15 Jan 2016 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

... kind of not relevant but kind of is,,,, just an observation but I saw 2 x 14m Sections in Bali this year, mid August and man they looked good!

Wind was light, light enough that I was just going on my Nugget and dyno 18m comfortably and these 2 were ripping, holding ground just as well as I was in some current affected waters. We were sharing a nice point/reef break with lefts and rights depending on which part you rode. Hard to explain in words but they flew around the window like much smaller kites, not flapping and carrying on like others,,,,,,reminded me of a Reo 9m or the Neo 8m I'd seen earlier in the week,,,, really flowy looking. Nothing like my dyno that was skull dragging me around.

Anyway, from my perspective, they were doing as advertised.

Cheers,

Robbie

Leighbreeze
WA, 531 posts
25 Jan 2016 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Robbie,how's it going.
Remember chatting to you in regards being in Bali at that time and noticing from where we were kiting at Reef area Sth of Benoa entrance and to white and yellow Core kites opposite side or north side of Benoa at an outside left and right reef break.With one day a helicopter flying around them for an hour or so probs filming.
Have a new 9-11m sections.Crazy good kites.
Mate and I were wondering what the 14m section would be like for a light wind weapon.
Probs unreal.German Quality.Just stoked they make Black kites now.Hahaha.
Highly recommend the sections.

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
25 Jan 2016 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Good to see you're liking the Sections Leigh, hope you got some of that swell

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2016 Core Section 7m" started by ActionSportsWA