Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

2016 airush Union

Created by speedy87 > 9 months ago, 4 Oct 2015
speedy87
VIC, 105 posts
4 Oct 2015 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone got one?view on the 12m?upwind,light wind,relaunch,handles gusts?low/high end......usual stuff?heavy or soft bar pressure!want to demo one when wind allows.cheers

Stewynew
32 posts
5 Oct 2015 1:41AM
Thumbs Up

Hi,

I have the 12m and 9m and have to say they are great kites. They are very similar to the 2014 models if you've flown them. To answer a few questions:
Gusts - handles them very well indeed and the canopy stay incredibly stable.
Low end - I would compare the low end on the 12m to that of the FX, RPM. The 9m has a much better low end for its respective size. Actually, the 9m is a stunning kite!
Top end - Not had a chance to really push these yet but had the 9m out in 30-33kts and it was pumping!
Unhooked - Enough slack for me. I can do basic unhooked tricks and learning s-bends and it slacks enough.
Drift - It does this pretty ok but I don't ride a directional board so can't comment further.
Other things to note, I find these fast moving kites and I personally like that. It keeps power all through the window wherever your flying it, it feels super nice to have that constant pull/power.

speedy87
VIC, 105 posts
5 Oct 2015 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks mate,how do u find the bar pressure?im after light pressure,cheers

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
5 Oct 2015 9:46AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
speedy87 said..

you can change the settings on the kite to light bar pressure, where in Vic are you based? The Zu have some on demo

psychojoe
WA, 1879 posts
5 Oct 2015 6:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
speedy87 said..

I just rode the 9m this arvo, The bar pressure is beautifully light, nothing like my old Varial

JacobMatan
WA, 431 posts
8 Oct 2015 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

Had a go on the 9m about a month ago, awesome kite !
Very fast and direct, super stable and really nice to jump

elhucko
TAS, 253 posts
11 Oct 2015 8:09PM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone tried one in 6m? Thinking of getting a new 6m, either Union or Wave. Needs to be stable in gusts and high winds. I wanna get more in the surf.

MikeyG
WA, 156 posts
16 Oct 2015 8:38PM
Thumbs Up

Got my 6m Union out yesterday. Best kite ever. Incredibly stable, handles gusts without any drama, full depower too (sheet out and the kite luffs). Whilst it was just chop, it drifts well and is very responsive.

The Unions have really light bar pressure which inspires confidence and has seen me progress significantly in the two months I've had them.

I've not tried a wave, but as an all round kite, you can't go wrong with the Union.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"2016 airush Union" started by speedy87