Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Airush Generator comparison

Created by C Kiter > 9 months ago, 27 Mar 2009
C Kiter
QLD, 51 posts
27 Mar 2009 10:23PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,
i would just like to know how the airush generator (preferabaly 2009 model) performs for freestyle unhooked manouvres incl. handlepasses and also for kiteloop/megaloops and just normal boosting compared to the torch or fuel? (08 or 09 models)
will be very well apreciated

carbine
WA, 1440 posts
28 Mar 2009 10:22PM
Thumbs Up

pretty good actually

C Kiter
QLD, 51 posts
28 Mar 2009 11:38PM
Thumbs Up

carbine said...

pretty good actually

sweet...does anyone prefer the generator to other c-kites like the fuel or torch etc..?

wheres Bellz? i know u've got something to tell me about it!

bellz
WA, 572 posts
29 Mar 2009 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Buddy,

Alright the generators is really good for unhooked spins and bar passes. the thing with the generator is you need to ride with lots of power and speed to make the kite work for you. If you ride in slow and underpowered you will most likely hate the kite but i guess thats the same with every kite. the kite loops fast and hard and boosts good when your powered. does that help???

C Kiter
QLD, 51 posts
29 Mar 2009 5:26PM
Thumbs Up

bellz said...

Hey Buddy,

Alright the generators is really good for unhooked spins and bar passes. the thing with the generator is you need to ride with lots of power and speed to make the kite work for you. If you ride in slow and underpowered you will most likely hate the kite but i guess thats the same with every kite. the kite loops fast and hard and boosts good when your powered. does that help???

yer that helps, thanks heaps.
have u ever ridden 07 fuels or newer models or maybe tried 09 torch...is the generator better and how / why is it better?
cheers.

bellz
WA, 572 posts
29 Mar 2009 6:19PM
Thumbs Up

I have tried both the new fuel and the new torch, if you like kites that r alot faster then they r great. I would say the generator is a totally different kite to the fuel and the torch. It needs to be ridden more powered and its alot faster (i have only ridden the 7.5 btw) The Generator is a awsome kite. you should also try the Vapour3, My kite choice atm the 10 is amazing it loops perfectly it boosts big and when u pop against it the lines slaken right of

C Kiter
QLD, 51 posts
29 Mar 2009 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

bellz said...

I have tried both the new fuel and the new torch, if you like kites that r alot faster then they r great. I would say the generator is a totally different kite to the fuel and the torch. It needs to be ridden more powered and its alot faster (i have only ridden the 7.5 btw) The Generator is a awsome kite. you should also try the Vapour3, My kite choice atm the 10 is amazing it loops perfectly it boosts big and when u pop against it the lines slaken right of

so you prefer the vapour3 to the gen.?
as u can tell im really into c-kites....the vapour3's shape looks pretty c-kiteish..is it a c-kite...i tried the 06 vegas and i hated it (the vapour3 looks like the same shape as the vegas..is it?)
any info on the vapour..does it like to be ridden well powered up?
thanks

bellz
WA, 572 posts
29 Mar 2009 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

The Vapour isnt a full C kite as you can't ride it four line, but its bloody well close to a c kite. Its the only kite i have flown with high depower that actually feelss like a C kite. I love them they dont need to be ridden that powered up and they have alot more windrange than the generators.

C Kiter
QLD, 51 posts
29 Mar 2009 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

sweet, ill try and try one out and'll let u know what i think.

oh and whats the fs like?

i really like flat rocker/wide boards (i ride 129cm lunacy and its perfect)
im just curious about the fs, hows it compare to the lunacy? (if uve ridden it.)

bellz
WA, 572 posts
29 Mar 2009 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Yer im riding the FS atm, its a great board its got a flat rocker line a bit of flex and loads of pop. I havent ridden the Lunacy so im probally not the best person to compare them.

C Kiter
QLD, 51 posts
29 Mar 2009 10:38PM
Thumbs Up

thanks anyway, helped me heaps.
really keen to demo the V3 and Gen.
thanks again.

oh and whats the straps/pads like on the board?

bellz
WA, 572 posts
29 Mar 2009 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Thats alright, do you know who deals airush in your area? The straps and pads r Lush really good 1 of the best set ups on the market for sure! they r comfy and hold your foot down really well!!!

BritRich
VIC, 47 posts
2 Apr 2009 1:38PM
Thumbs Up

C Kiter

I think I have the only FS in Victoria, bought one straight away after trying Bellz's one at Pinna last year. Love it! Your welcome to try if your like?

Rich

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Airush Generator comparison" started by C Kiter