Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Airush Razor

Created by Sangas > 9 months ago, 13 Mar 2015
Sangas
VIC, 66 posts
13 Mar 2015 3:31PM
Thumbs Up

Can anyone comment on the differences in the razor between 2013-'14-'15?

I am able to get a brand new 2013 11m Razor reasonably cheap but can't demo the same year so I'm after some feedback on any significant differences I might find. I'm pretty keen to step up to a c kite from my lithium but Its a little daunting and naturally I want to make sure I'm making the right decision.

someawe
WA, 179 posts
13 Mar 2015 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Before Eppo and Plummet can reply to your post, they need to know your height, weight, what wind strength you intend to kite in, what sort of waves you want to kite in, air temperature, month of year, your star sign, colour of wetsuit, age of your dog and type of car you use to get the kite to the place you intend to kite at!

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
13 Mar 2015 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Notnot much in my opinion. I have a 9 and 13 in 2015 still use a 7m 2013. Be warned, the inflation valve on the 2015 are absolutely terrible. They blow out and Leake air no matter how tight you screw it. iv replaced mine LF now.

They are amazing kites. (11m 2013 was my FAVORITE KITE OF ALL TIME)

Sangas
VIC, 66 posts
13 Mar 2015 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
someawe said..
Before Eppo and Plummet can reply to your post, they need to know your height, weight, what wind strength you intend to kite in, what sort of waves you want to kite in, air temperature, month of year, your star sign, colour of wetsuit, age of your dog and type of car you use to get the kite to the place you intend to kite at!

75kg, 175cm, 18-26knots, flat water, any temperature above freezing, January-December, Taurus, red and grey wetsuit, red boots, black harness, 136cm Tona Pop, no dog or kids that I'm aware of. I'm also a Nigerian prince with no heirs! If you give me advice (and $1000) I'll write you into my will.

Kemp90, thanks for the feedback mate, I'll get down and demo one tomorrow if the wind picks up and may be the proud owner of your "favorite kite of all time" by tomorrow arvo.

Eaglelad
VIC, 119 posts
16 Mar 2015 1:21AM
Thumbs Up

seco

Select to expand quote
kemp90 said..

They are amazing kites. (11m 2013 was my FAVORITE KITE OF ALL TIME)

Second that, but I haven't flown the 2015 yet..

tomme
VIC, 475 posts
16 Mar 2015 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sangas said..

someawe said..

75kg, 175cm, 18-26knots, flat water, any temperature above freezing, January-December, Taurus, red and grey wetsuit, red boots, black harness, 136cm Tona Pop, no dog or kids that I'm aware of. I'm also a Nigerian prince with no heirs! If you give me advice (and $1000) I'll write you into my will.

Kemp90, thanks for the feedback mate, I'll get down and demo one tomorrow if the wind picks up and may be the proud owner of your "favorite kite of all time" by tomorrow arvo.

Happy with the purchase? :DDD

Sangas
VIC, 66 posts
16 Mar 2015 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
tomme said..

Sangas said..

someawe said..

Didn't end up getting a demo on saturday as they couldn't find their demo razor. Instead, I managed to cop the heelside edge of my board in the back of the head so hard that I ended up in the emergency room for two hours waiting to get my head stitched up. Pretty impressive considering i ride boots...

So no purchase.. yet.

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
16 Mar 2015 1:27PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sangas said...
tomme said..

Sangas said..

someawe said..

Didn't end up getting a demo on saturday as they couldn't find their demo razor. Instead, I managed to cop the heelside edge of my board in the back of the head so hard that I ended up in the emergency room for two hours waiting to get my head stitched up. Pretty impressive considering i ride boots...

So no purchase.. yet.

Aaahahhaa that sounds like the ultimate scorpion! Oh well, hope that dosnt keep you off the water for too long, I also get my stiches out in 6 days!

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
16 Mar 2015 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

don't ride razors but the large inflation valves tend to be prone to leaking from sand getting caught around the thread/grommet. My old c4's used to leak slowly but after i startedI giving them a good clean around the valve before inflation i never had any troubles after that. Is this a know problem with the 2015 razors? Looking to upgrade when the 2016 razor's drop..

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
16 Mar 2015 10:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Big eeeZeee said...
don't ride razors but the large inflation valves tend to be prone to leaking from sand getting caught around the thread/grommet. My old c4's used to leak slowly but after i startedI giving them a good clean around the valve before inflation i never had any troubles after that. Is this a know problem with the 2015 razors? Looking to upgrade when the 2016 razor's drop..

I thought it was just my 9m, but my 13m dose it as well. It's not sand, it only happens when you crash hard, the screw in valve pops out a little, it looks like your cross threading, so it dosnt seal probably. Before everyone says "you cross threaded it from the start", I've never once done that and always been ultra careful with that. The place we're I the valve replaced said he had had loads of razors in with that problem. It wouldn't effect me if I didn't tomahawk my kite every 3 minutes. Other then that, they are possibly the best freestyle kite on the market.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Airush Razor" started by Sangas