Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Anyone Flying Airush Generators

Created by KFKiter > 9 months ago, 7 Nov 2008
KFKiter
SA, 213 posts
7 Nov 2008 9:48AM
Thumbs Up

I'm interested in purchasing a 11.5m 09 Generator, I have been looking for some info about them but seem to be unable to find anything on seabreeze or any other write ups on the net about them.

I fly lifts and want to know if they have more bottom end than a 06 12m Lift.

I love my C kite and dont really want to get a bow or hybrid, if i dont have to.

Thanks

loverboy
WA, 614 posts
7 Nov 2008 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

Try Jamie at Adventure Blue- he should have demos available for all the new Airush gear. I was speaking to him the other day and he is really keen to get some on the water. Best way to know is go fly it yourself.

vishy
WA, 451 posts
7 Nov 2008 9:43AM
Thumbs Up

Hey mate,

Should be quite a few write-ups from last years generators, especially on kite forum from the surf-style guys.

Probably won't have as much static pull as the lift, but if you are happy enough to work it for power there should be plenty there.

The 9.5/7.5/5.5 definetly seem to be the pick of the bunch, but the 11. 5 should be quite comparable to your lift, but with more depower and a bit quicker across the window.

Here are a few to get you started:
www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33728&SearchTerms=generator

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34712&SearchTerms=generator

kiteforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2342826

Enjoi
Matt

Edit:Just tried to find some more reviews, I know they are on kite forum, around last year just before the kites came out there are quite a few threads, just they are hard to find.

1likeBJ
WA, 152 posts
7 Nov 2008 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

vishy said...

Probably won't have as much static pull as the lift, but if you are happy enough to work it for power there should be plenty there.

I've heard (and seen) this as well, but haven't flown the kite. Definitely a fast kite but also needs to be worked for bottom end - there's a few guys in WA using for freestyle but from what I've seen more for waves. Fuel, Vegas and Torch all sweet kites for Cs. I've found bar feel and feedback on my 08 Torch much better than my 06 Airush Reactors when I upgraded, even though bar pressure is much lower. If you're an Airush devotee might also like to try the Vapour?

vishy
WA, 451 posts
7 Nov 2008 11:51AM
Thumbs Up

If you don't mind being corrected I can quite happily say there is stock available, both for this years and some available from last year.

In Perth I know of at least 3 riders with quivers of generators, there are also some riders up north with them I believe, all of which seem super stoked with the kites.

In regards to bottom end, there was a vid around last year of Felix riding a 7.5m and a 132 twintip in 15 knots.
At 80kg I also reguarly use the 7.5m, on the skimboard we can stay upwind when guys on 12/14m hybrids are walking back up the beach! Yes you do have to work the kite. If you require a static pull then just move the front pigtails back and you can quite easily park and ride it for a cruisy sesh.

Enjoi
Matt

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
7 Nov 2008 1:20PM
Thumbs Up

i have ridden the 7.5 a number of times... i can get going on it comfortably for static park and ride in anythin around 23 knots up. its a nice little kite with solid feeling through the bar, if you want it in surf its sick because its quick on the turns and the power delivery is very smooth so you dont get that pull you of your rail jerk everytime you whip the kite hard into a turn. i could easily ride that kite in lighter winds if i wanted to but i just dont like working the kite.

its a sweet kite, flies ALOT better in 4 line mode IMO as long as you pump it up solid. on 4 line its as if it sits back in window a bit and has more static pull.

not a bad kite at all...

TurtleHunter
WA, 1675 posts
9 Nov 2008 12:13PM
Thumbs Up

The 9.5 is just awesome, not so much bottom end as the lift but 100 times better. They turn like a race car and with the front lines on the forward pigtails it edges to the edge of the window almost totally killing the power. The bar is heavier than most of today's kites(no heavier than a lift) but has a lot more direct feel. Its very basic (no one pump and no sleeve inside the bag) it looks like a 06 kite but fly's better than any 09 kites. No compromise or gimmicks just the best kite ever.

KFKiter
SA, 213 posts
9 Nov 2008 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info everyone, But there is no demo kites in Adelaide, and Auswind say they dont have any either. I'm not going to buy one without flying it, so it looks like i'm changing brands after 5 years of flying Airush.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Anyone Flying Airush Generators" started by KFKiter