Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Axis Vanguard 2013 135

Created by Sandrino > 9 months ago, 14 Jan 2014
Sandrino
114 posts
14 Jan 2014 7:02AM
Thumbs Up

If relevent, please fill in this template...(& remove this line)

Rider: 65kg level: Beginner
Style: Freeriding
Weather: 15-25knots
Build Quality: ?/10
Satisfaction: ?/10
Disclosure: (e.g. work at a shop/team rider etc)

My Comments: anyone got any experience on this board?
Please give your thoughts...

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
14 Jan 2014 8:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sandrino said..

Rider: 65kg level: Beginner
Style: Freeriding
Weather: 15-25knots
Build Quality: ?/10
Satisfaction: ?/10
Disclosure: (e.g. work at a shop/team rider etc)

My Comments: anyone got any experience on this board?
Please give your thoughts...

two idiot gear reviews in the first two weeks now , going to be a good year for meme's

Sandrino
114 posts
14 Jan 2014 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

I started writing WTF is your problem, then saw the pics and they made me chuckle... Seriously though, have a little patience and instead of making one feel like an idiot, maybe you could get off your high horse and offer a little more than just **** talking.

Clearly I'm new to this... Aaah forget it!

dusta
WA, 2940 posts
14 Jan 2014 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Sandrino said..

but you obviously cannot read as the template clearly says

Sandrino
114 posts
15 Jan 2014 6:55AM
Thumbs Up

Or... I had about 30 seconds to do it all on an a tiny iPhone screen and may have missed that line. So no experience on an Axis Vanguard I presume? Can't seem to find anyone who has had any time on this board

AntoineS
NSW, 122 posts
15 Jan 2014 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dusta said..

Sandrino said..

but you obviously cannot read as the template clearly says

Dusta, I think he was not posting a review, but asking for one ;-)

Sandrino are you looking for feedback on the 2013 specifically or also the latest 2014?

I've joined the Kitepower team recently and have been riding the 2014 Limited for a month now, which I believe is the full carbon stiffer&lighter version of the Vanguard (and therefore more $$).

I've rode it both in choppy Botany Bay and butter smooth Safety Bay, and I must say it's a seriously awesome board! Coming from the Xenon Laluz and Infra I developed a taste for light fast boards with soft landing, and the Limited managed to be even better at that. I'm fairly tall and ~85kg so riding the 138*42.5 with widest stance. It's so incredibly light it's got a hard to describe "precise light and direct" feeling, like an extension of your legs instead of a heavy thing dragging water. Also lands really nicely, not softer than a Xenon but without shaking/moving at all, probably thanks to the big channels. I do get more spray than on the Infra, but that would be because of the stance sensibly wider. Been meaning to weight it and measure the stance to put figures on them, I'll post them here later if you want.

I guess the regular Vanguard would be very similar, hopefully you can get your hands on a demo and get a feel for yourself!

eppo
WA, 9378 posts
15 Jan 2014 1:48PM
Thumbs Up

Do you live in WA or over east??

Sandrino
114 posts
16 Jan 2014 3:58PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Dunos! Thanks for that. Specifically looking for the 2013 model but that helped a lot. Legend!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Axis Vanguard 2013 135" started by Sandrino