Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Cardboards 2010 range

Created by Card > 9 months ago, 29 Oct 2009
Card
QLD, 77 posts
29 Oct 2009 10:01PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys

Just letting you know our 2010 board range is out!

We have spent a lot of time and a seemingly endless load of protos refining these boards for this season, working mainly on the Tempo and Freeride boards. The Tempo range has seen huge changes - first of all it runs a full vertically laminated paulownia timber core (Australian grown) with a triax laminate and carbon for flex control. The rocker line has been completely reworked for this season and the outline has also had some tweaks. The result is awesome - by far the best board we have ever produced. They deliver the best pop and all-round handling we have ever experienced! And they are as tough as nails, so tough we are thinking of putting a 2 year warranty against breakage on them….

The Freeride range refinements where mainly concentrated on the flex pattern and rocker line. We wanted to make them a little more aggressive than last seasons, so we have added more carbon and now use a Biaxial glass which has given a crisper response and awesome torsion flex control, we have also given a couple more mm of rocker through the mid section of the board.

Now we have the boards riding insane we had better wrap them up in some nice new graphics here they are www.cardboarding.com/content_gallery.php plenty of new stuff.

Here is a couple of pics of a 140 Tempo sorry the dpi is a little low on them.

Web page will be updated shortly

Cheers Dan
Cardboards

Kitehard
WA, 2782 posts
Site Sponsor
29 Oct 2009 10:26PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Dan,

New boards sound nice mate. Good luck with the 2010 range.

Tina and I hope you and Shylo are both well. Sorry about spelling??

Cheers,

Darren AKS

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
29 Oct 2009 10:51PM
Thumbs Up

hey the new tempos look mint, how much rocker can you get into them and what diff channel options do you have available just out of curiosity?

also can u pm me and show me how the inserts are mounted into the board? just out of curiosity and stuff

1likeBJ
WA, 152 posts
30 Oct 2009 9:55AM
Thumbs Up

And I was looking at other boards this season - who was I kidding...

What's the current delivery time? Uni finishes this weekend :o)

Same pads as last season?

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
30 Oct 2009 1:58PM
Thumbs Up

yer but exams r comin up haha dont buy anythin, just got my new kite n now i can see study went down to not happening at all

Neill
VIC, 484 posts
31 Oct 2009 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Boards look great, and you can't argue with the price!

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the types of board? tempo and freeride for example, what is the difference? I kite mainly in chop and on flat water, i boost big and loop it occasionally so i need something tough. i ride short boards around 127-133. which one is the one to go for?

Card
QLD, 77 posts
31 Oct 2009 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hey 1likebj, board build time is 4 days starting Mondays, so your best off getting your orders in over the weekend for fastest delivery. Freight time to WA is around 7 days.

Quote[Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the types of board? tempo and freeride for example, what is the difference? I kite mainly in chop and on flat water, i boost big and loop it occasionally so i need something tough. i ride short boards around 127-133. which one is the one to go for?]

Neil, the main differences between the freeride and Tempo boards are, the freeride is flatter with more flex and the Tempos are a little stiffer with more rocker. This basically means that the Tempos are more aggressive with more pop and better for landing hard and fast as they are stiffer and keep the "drive" in the board where a softer boards tend to flex too much and kill the drive.
So the best way to sum the 2 boards up is Freeride is for easy cruise style riding where the Tempo range is aimed at aggressive freestyle with loads of pop.

I would recommend our 130 or 135 Tempo depending on your weight.

Cheers Dan
Cardboards

Neill
VIC, 484 posts
31 Oct 2009 7:15PM
Thumbs Up

cheers mate. I like the sound of the tempo, i'm only 63kg and i ride an 11m kite very powered, thinking the 127 or 130, i like a short board i can edge hard against the kite and hold a lot of power with. Big fins too.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Cardboards 2010 range" started by Card