Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Cardboards

Created by KiteDV8 > 9 months ago, 8 Oct 2006
KiteDV8
WA, 3 posts
8 Oct 2006 6:27AM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone tried Cardboards? I have had a look at their website and the construcion looks good, the choice of graphics is awesome and the price is reasonable. The only question left is how do they ride?

kurt
QLD, 177 posts
8 Oct 2006 9:08AM
Thumbs Up

I ride them and demo them in Brisbane.
As good as if not better than anything out there - you just need to know
exactly what you want in your board and speak to them to get it set right for you.
I'm loving the 133x40 double concave, soft flex wide stance setup myself.
Also got him to custom make a 136x45 light wind board of which I have found no better outthere with good all round specs and light wind ability. There a couple of boards which get going earlier but are pigs to ride.
If you want any specific info or help with the different setups email/pm me and I will help the best I can.

moffchar
QLD, 32 posts
8 Oct 2006 8:25PM
Thumbs Up

Easily the best boards I have ridden and for the price I am amazed that everyonne is not on them. Ask anyone that has one and you will never hear a bad word!!

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
9 Oct 2006 10:55AM
Thumbs Up

I decided to use Cardboard for my lightwind board and ordered a 138 x 41 freestyle with the double concave bottom.
It's so awesome that I use it in the surf and on flat water in all conditions.
I ordered it online and five days later it was at my house!!!
Construction is excellent, medium flex is good and the footpads and straps are comfortable.
Dan even put custom graphics on the bottom for no extra!!!
I would recommend Cardboards to anyone.
(PS...I'm not a pimp and I paid for the board)

crakas
QLD, 410 posts
9 Oct 2006 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Dave,

You should be out kiting, not chating on the forum. Gusting to over 35 knots at the bar and a run out tide.

Bigwavedave
QLD, 2057 posts
9 Oct 2006 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

Been out on Takon Nova2 9m for photo shoot with Mike.....awesooome!!!
Got nailed heaps but the pics turned out cool.
Waited til it dropped to 29 knots on the meter tho
You working tomorrow???
Chuck a sickie at lunch cos the bar will be smoking.

ran
VIC, 333 posts
5 Nov 2006 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

KiteDV8 also if you want custome graphics or are after something we dont have just ask as we are always adding to the graphics line
cheers

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
Site Sponsor
5 Nov 2006 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Should also consider the Liquid Force Recoil just out, they are contracted by cardboards too. Very impressive.

ran
VIC, 333 posts
6 Nov 2006 8:43PM
Thumbs Up

quote:
Originally posted by padi

Should also consider the Liquid Force Recoil just out, they are contracted by cardboards too. Very impressive.

true but for less $$ you can get a cardboard, and you have a choice of graphics

SurfConnect
QLD, 1674 posts
Site Sponsor
6 Nov 2006 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Recoil comes in 127/130/133/136 and is retailing for $799 including GST.

quote:
Originally posted by ran

quote:
Originally posted by padi

true but for less $$ you can get a cardboard, and you have a choice of graphics

ran
VIC, 333 posts
6 Nov 2006 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

i stand corrected. :)

MattyB
VIC, 80 posts
7 Nov 2006 8:55PM
Thumbs Up

intrested in buying one, is the double concave the same thing that is on the underground flx boards

Dawn Patrol
WA, 1977 posts
8 Nov 2006 12:45PM
Thumbs Up

how much does a cardboard cost?

ran
VIC, 333 posts
8 Nov 2006 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

www.cardboarding.com

Complete and posted with-in Australia $849 (includes GST)

100% Australian made and designed and Owned.

Dawn Patrol
WA, 1977 posts
8 Nov 2006 7:27PM
Thumbs Up

does any one think they are equal or better than the underground flx? is there double conave thing like the one on the flx?

kitecrazzzy
WA, 2184 posts
8 Nov 2006 8:50PM
Thumbs Up

made in QLD with some other brands in on the act, me and a couple mates have different brands yet same place of manufacturing, all top quality and sik graphics

MattyB
VIC, 80 posts
9 Nov 2006 12:07AM
Thumbs Up

I enquired about the double concave. It is the same as the FLX yet they say they use a better scratch resistant base. They are very helpfull if you e-mail them through their sight. www.cardboarding.com.au i think it is.

ran
VIC, 333 posts
9 Nov 2006 7:34AM
Thumbs Up

its just www.cardboarding.com

Personal prefence is always going to be what it comes down too, but cardboards are up their with the best in my biased opinion. If your in Melb i can give you a go of my board to see if it suits your style of riding.

warwickl
NSW, 1126 posts
9 Nov 2006 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 120 x 40 Cardboard - very flat rocker concave version and use with Best Waroo 06 9m & 14M in 10 to 35 kn. I am 80kg and find the board excellent as is their service and flexibility. I have had it for 12 months or more and it is the only board I need for surf and flat water. Cardboards states for light wind but I find it covers 35kn in surf with no problems

insomniac_alcoholic
WA, 190 posts
15 Nov 2006 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry to rain on the parade of all the praise being heaped on these boards but I did see something the other day that scared me.

It was probably as much driver error as anything but while struggling with a kite the guy chucked the board on the wet sand and the fin dug in, ripping the bolt through the deck of the board.

It was about a 2 inch fin so probably had a bit of leverage but it was enough to put me off them.

hally
VIC, 47 posts
15 Nov 2006 9:35PM
Thumbs Up

my 129 is awesome

ran
VIC, 333 posts
17 Nov 2006 1:28PM
Thumbs Up

get him to contact cardboards, they will generally repair such a thing, i must say i run mine over rocks, sand and whatever else gets in the way and my fins are stickin in, but i do use small fins. what board was it, how old?

insomniac_alcoholic
WA, 190 posts
18 Nov 2006 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

Not sure on the size but looking at it, it was pretty much new. It was probably just bad luck how it landed.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Cardboards" started by KiteDV8