9 Jan 2011 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 100kg , intermediate
Style: Freeriding
Build Quality: 10/10
Satisfaction: 10/10
Disclosure: just some noob

My Comments:

I purchased a 136FR with standard flex late last year but haven't really had a chance to really spend some time on it until after xmas . Well i have to say i am in absolute love with this board . It soaks up the chop so nicely that my knees don't feel a thing . I love the weight of this board and the looks . Tracks upwind fantastic as well . I must mention that dan was very easy and friendly to deal with over the phone and i felt at ease i was going to get a great board . My only issue is with the pads. I just cannot get used to them , even after shortening the tounge to make them smaller , they just don't fit my feet but hey **** happens .

This board suits me on both the river and out in the ocean . I can see this board lasting me a while and if i do want to purchase another board i will defaintely be looking at dan first off . Happy to support a local business where the dollar actually stops here and produces such a high quality board . Wish the review was a little more detail but i am knackered after a wikid session .

COL
NSW, 513 posts
10 Jan 2011 1:57PM
Thumbs Up

WOW! Graphic's are awesome!

AKSonline
WA, 925 posts
Site Sponsor
10 Jan 2011 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Dusta,

The FR136 is my Fave board for crappy conditions like Pinnaroo. So easy to ride with huge pop, and great upwind, smooth carves. I love the feel of it and the feel that it just wants to cut loose and go off when you are ready, otherwise very predictable and smooth.

I prefer the Tempo for smoother waters, but the FR is gold in the rough stuff. For peeps not worried about freestyle performance the Tyro is gold, just an easy smooth freerider.

Good stuff with the CB gear!

DM

radman4
678 posts
19 Jan 2011 3:55PM
Thumbs Up

Graphics look s**t hot mate ,love it ,been riding the 131 fr for the last couple of months ,gotta say its one of the sickest boards i've ever ridden,got a 136 as well but haven't got it wet yet cant wait.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Cardboards FR136" started by dusta