Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Cardboards Tempo 130 Quad Concave

Created by Paul1 > 9 months ago, 1 May 2008
Paul1
QLD, 1011 posts
1 May 2008 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

I have had my Tempo for about 2 weeks or so and have used it in waves, very choppy and also pretty much flat conditions. I have used it from around 15 knots right up to 30 knots+ gusty conditions. I previously owned an Underground FLX 132 which is also a great board.

This board is pretty heavily rockered, which initiallly worried me that it would not get up and going very easily, I was completely wrong. For its size it planes very early and flys upwind like a board with twice the rail length. This board has amazing pop combined with the most comfortable landings you could ever wish for. You can turn this board absolutely any way you like, without having to think about catching a rail. It turns super smooth and very tight. The best way to describe the overall performance of this board is, its like a mini surfboard on steroids! The footstraps are of a very high quality, and can be adjusted in two seperate places, across your toes and also the bridge of your foot.There is a mini tool to adjust your straps inside the footstrap, but mine has already fallen out at some stage, so this may need a small velcro pocket or something. The pads are also of a very good quailty.

Top all this off with the best customer service I have probably ever had, and there you have it, I cant find a single reason why anyone would not like this board.

This is the first review I have ever written on anything, and I have no affiliation with Cardboards.

MOJO
QLD, 40 posts
2 May 2008 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Yes the best boards you can get for the price. Did you demo one before you got yours? We have then to demo at Sun shine coast kitesurfing co. Thay are great boards.

Paul1
QLD, 1011 posts
3 May 2008 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

No, I did not demo one before I bought mine. For the first time ever I bought, purely on the hype that I have been reading, luckily it paid off

awetdog
NSW, 59 posts
19 May 2008 9:10PM
Thumbs Up

i got mine 8 weeks ago. finally got more than 12 kt y'day. on a pooltable in only 17 kts.

i love it.

i am 90kg, and echo the above. but it was my second CB.

the only way they could improve their customer service would be to come down and pump up the kite. it is not hype either.

if all aussie dealers in the game were at this level, there wouldnt be a discussion on where you buy your gear

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Cardboards Tempo 130 Quad Concave" started by Paul1