Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Cardboards wave

Created by Muzza24 > 9 months ago, 14 Dec 2013
Muzza24
WA, 12 posts
14 Dec 2013 12:24AM
Thumbs Up

Hello is there a destributer that sells cardboards gear in perth?

pedleym
WA, 168 posts
14 Dec 2013 12:34AM
Thumbs Up

cardboard arn't around anymore mate.

Muzza24
WA, 12 posts
14 Dec 2013 8:47AM
Thumbs Up

that's no good so I guess cardboards wave boards are rare ?

FromSAtoAus
WA, 42 posts
14 Dec 2013 9:09AM
Thumbs Up

Sold mine to someone in Brisbane nearly two months ago. Was a fun board.

Greggor
QLD, 191 posts
14 Dec 2013 10:34PM
Thumbs Up

What happened to cardboards? I thought they were going strong?

pedleym
WA, 168 posts
14 Dec 2013 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

shut down hard to compete against china prices and volumes i guess too bad because there a good board.
much better than some boards that seem to get a good wrap and pushed.

dusta
WA, 2899 posts
15 Dec 2013 12:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
pedleym said..

cardboard arn't around anymore mate.

they are actually . they were sold to some company outside of aus

taken from an email

Select to expand quote
We are proud to present the 2014 line of Cardboards Kiteboards. issuu.com/calvinp.crochlow/docs/carboards_catalog_2014 As many of you are probably not aware, Sugar Skull Factory has bought Cardboards from Dan Veale. An agreement was reached earlier this year and the entire company was shipped to our headquarters in Dubai. Cardboards great name and boards will remain 100% the same great quality. We painstakingly relocated all of their equipment here to Dubai to ensure that Cardboard fans would continue to get the exact same boards. You will notice that the cost of the boards have dramatically decreased in price! This is not because we use inferior material or use substandard construction methods but because the cost of shipping raw material to Dubai is much cheaper than to Australia as well we do not have any taxes here! All the material we use to build our boards comes from either the U.S. or Europe. We are currently working on the Cardboards website, we will be re-launching it soon! You will also notice that the graphic style of Cardboards has changed......admittedly this is the one thing we changed about Cardboards, we are not huge fans of straight lines and geometrical shapes...........yawn Sugar Skull Factory is a well experienced company building boards since 1993 where we started in California. Over the years we have collected several brand under the Sugar Skull Factory name by either starting them or by buying outstanding companies. We currently own the following brands. Atmosphere Clothing Sugar Skull BRC Grind Candy UNiT SiX Snowboards Carboards

MrFreeze
231 posts
15 Dec 2013 7:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Muzza24 said..

Hello is there a destributer that sells cardboards gear in perth?

Hmmmmmm Ask Eppo he'll know

pedleym
WA, 168 posts
15 Dec 2013 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

cheers Dusta

AllianceGear
NSW, 95 posts
16 Dec 2013 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

One of our favourite brands, we have a brand new one of these in stock and will let it go for the right price if anyone is interested!

Blackbeard
WA, 103 posts
18 Dec 2013 8:12AM
Thumbs Up

Seems Sugar Skull have some upset customers, check out posts from others on their facebook page....Bounty on their heads etc, how to turn a good company into a dodgy one, shift it to Dubai!

NoBS
WA, 908 posts
18 Dec 2013 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Not really suprised they went out of business with those lovely footpads of theirs..

suface2air
QLD, 699 posts
19 Dec 2013 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

Nobs are you for real or what . I have a wave and the pads on it are great better then others out there at least it is not Velcro and fill up with sand and stuff . Any how I hope that Sugar skull gets it sorted what ever the problem is cause the wave board is really cool to play with waves .

19 Dec 2013 10:15PM
Thumbs Up

There is an alternative, Axis, the new brand from Underground's founder and designer Adrian Roper, have a board that is an evolution of the Underground/cardboards model, its called the Twin Wave, we have a demo board here in Sydney and have sold a coup,e to very happy locals. Hopefully one of them will post a review and some pics soon?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Cardboards wave" started by Muzza24