Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Flysurfer Flyradical 46 Wide test rides.

Created by SavIb > 9 months ago, 23 Jun 2019
SavIb
NSW, 102 posts
23 Jun 2019 11:06AM
Thumbs Up

Guys,

Anyone had a ride on the largest Flyradical? I'd be using it as a new daily driver for Freeride. Now it's back to a full wood core it could be a good option for the heavyweight crew.

Not much to read about that size online..... So if you have been on one, any version, I'd like to know your thoughts. If you could just add your weight, session power level and water conditions to the mix (assuming you remember) I'd appreciate it. Cheers.

Stu101
131 posts
16 Jul 2019 6:54AM
Thumbs Up

Can't comment on the biggest size as not ridden one. I have the radical 6 138 now though. 42.5 wide. I had the flyradical 5 138 previously. I found it a nice board but I felt it stuck to the surface of the water too much and delta little gravely across the water surface at times. This made the board feel a little slow.
The new radical 6 has modern channels like all the freestyle top boards do. This helps the board channel the water and gives it a smoother ride in my opinion. It is lovely across the surface no more gravely feel. It also feels faster to me. There is a little more stiffness in the board and it feels easier to edge and a little more springy when boosting and jumping. I wish they did a 136 percent n a slightly thinner 41 as I think after 40 -41 wide the boards gets slower. The next size down from the 138 is a 133 which is 40 wide but I I consider that length too small for me as prefer slightly longer boards.
The rsdical 6 is definitely a cracking upgrade on the 5 and am really happy with it. Still super efficient and starts really early but runs faster.
Still very light and great board for free ride and airstyle. :-) really happy with mine.

Cezar
VIC, 270 posts
28 Jul 2019 8:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Stu,
can you let us know your weight pls.
Im 85kg and planning to get 138 or 144.Preferably 138!
I want to use it first of all as my light wind board as I have already have carbon board 135x41.
Do you think I will get sufficient difference between radical 138 and my board.
My one kite quiver is 11m Flysurfer Boost3-super efficient kite in light wind,especially with 5m line extension .
Im into air style and big air plus old school.
By light wind I mean 10-14knts.
Cheers

tard
WA, 22 posts
30 Jul 2019 8:43AM
Thumbs Up

Full wood core or not, YOU will still break it.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Flysurfer Flyradical 46 Wide test rides." started by SavIb