Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Griffin kites 2016 bridal upgrade

Created by stuntnaz > 9 months ago, 26 Aug 2015
stuntnaz
NSW, 540 posts
26 Aug 2015 9:47PM
Thumbs Up

Griffin kites 2016 bridal upgrade
The bridal upgrade if for Griffin TRX 2013 , 2014 , 2015 kites .
I own 5 x Griffin kites and have just added the 2016 bridal to my 2013 TRX 14m and the difference is better than I expected . Turning speed is noticeably faster its lost that sluggish feel that it used to have . A lot more reactive now which gives better pop. Better low end and just drives up wind . It has basically given me a new kite just by upgrading the bridal .
I found that I would rather go for my 12m in the higher end of the wind and my 17m in the lower end of the wind over using my 14m but I think this bridal upgrade just changed that .
So if your like me blue collar slob wife and kids and save up your hard earned money to bye new gear , and with the American dollar and cost of living these days why spend thousands on a new kite when you can spend a tinny percent of that on a new bridal that will give you the feel of a new kite and leave you some money to bye the misses something nice to bye you more time on the water !
I will be upgrading my 2014 10.5m TRX as well after the difference in my 14m .

richswing
WA, 716 posts
27 Aug 2015 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

Sweet,

Can't wait for the 10m bridle update.

keep us informed .

Cheers
Rich

dafish
NSW, 1301 posts
28 Aug 2015 12:37AM
Thumbs Up

it is a worthy upgrade. i tested as few of them last year and they are a marked improvement in the 12, 10.5, and 9 mt kites..not sure about the 17 though...

stuntnaz
NSW, 540 posts
28 Aug 2015 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

I'll find out the release date and post it up .
Was out for a quick session at Longreef this afternoon on the 14m TRX with the new bridal light conditions strapless surfboard and I am stocked with the new bridal works really well in the surf on waves .

richswing
WA, 716 posts
28 Aug 2015 5:23PM
Thumbs Up

Sh!t we are spoilt over here in the west, I thought my 10.5 was too big but saying that our season is still a bit away and you guys have actual waves.

Can you actually go down the line with a14m, my intention is not to take the piss just out of interest as my style is definitely not suited to large kites.I've only used my 10.5 m kite twicein a season but if the bottom end has been improved I won't have such a big overlap.

Cheers
Rich

stuntnaz
NSW, 540 posts
28 Aug 2015 8:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
richswing said...
Sh!t we are spoilt over here in the west, I thought my 10.5 was too big but saying that our season is still a bit away and you guys have actual waves.

Can you actually go down the line with a14m, my intention is not to take the piss just out of interest as my style is definitely not suited to large kites.I've only used my 10.5 m kite twicein a season but if the bottom end has been improved I won't have such a big overlap.

Cheers
Rich

My 14m and 17m are my light wind kites . I'm only 70kg's it was around 15knots sets at longreef this arvo were over head and I was having to trim the kite heaps to stop the kite pulling me away from the wave but still had power to out run the wave when needed . And if you want to kite in Sydney especially at the moment you need a bigger kite !

stuntnaz
NSW, 540 posts
30 Aug 2015 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

The 2016 bridal upgrade is available online
at griffinkites.com now

richswing
WA, 716 posts
4 Sep 2015 6:45PM
Thumbs Up

Just went to order one, went all the way to pay via PayPal and it wants to charge me in USD, is this right? Any body have the same issue?

stuntnaz
NSW, 540 posts
4 Sep 2015 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
richswing said...
Just went to order one, went all the way to pay via PayPal and it wants to charge me in USD, is this right? Any body have the same issue?

I have sent a message to Griffin just waiting for an answer .
It might convert to Aus dollar automatically

catalaussie
128 posts
8 Sep 2015 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
richswing said..

Hi richswing,

it is not an issue. Prices on the Griffin website are all actually in USD, even an AUD version will be available soon (possible also an EUR version).

I recently bought a spare from Spain and price in € was showed when processing payment via paypal (also current exchange rate USD to €), so you will know the total amount in AUD before your payment is completed.

Just checked and current exchange rate is about 1.00 USD = 1.43589 AUD, so you can have an idea about AUD price before processing the payment.

Hope that helps ;)

ee93
QLD, 2 posts
9 Sep 2015 1:12PM
Thumbs Up

On the topic of Griffin Kites. Anyone selling there TRX's to upgrade? Im chasing acouple of sizes. :)

catalaussie
128 posts
9 Sep 2015 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ee93 said..
On the topic of Griffin Kites. Anyone selling there TRX's to upgrade? Im chasing acouple of sizes. :)

Hi ee93,

There are still some new 2014 kites in stock and also some 2015. Both can be upgraded to 2016 performance just changing bridle. It could be a good opportunity to get a good deal if you are lucky and sizes you are chasing are available.

You can e-mail GRIFFIN to the new support e-mail account or contact via FB official page and will get a reply in a short time with stock availability.

RAL INN
VIC, 2626 posts
30 Sep 2015 7:14AM
Thumbs Up

Totally a topic of no interest to me but i did smile at the "Blue collar slob wife and Kids"bit.

I think you should show your wife that and tell us the reaction.

Ricardo1709
NSW, 1086 posts
30 Sep 2015 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

Read on website that bridle upgrade is 2014 onwards sooo you can use it on 2013 TRX V7????

catalaussie
128 posts
30 Sep 2015 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

The "TRX 2016 ULTRA" bridle upgrade fits all TRX kites from 2013, 2014 and 2015, so it can be used on a 2013 TRX V7.

You can find all info about it at www.griffinkites.com.au/accessories/product/45-trx-bridle-upgrade

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Griffin kites 2016 bridal upgrade" started by stuntnaz