WA, 163 posts
4 Mar 2010 6:11PM
Thumbs Up

Any feedback would be appreciated

waxman
SA, 1390 posts
4 Mar 2010 10:00PM
Thumbs Up

All feed back on the Cardboard range has been good. Localy built boards customised to the way you want them.

It would be hard to do a good review as nearly everyboard built is diferent made just the way you like it. There is a few around Whyalla and they all seem to like them. I think if you realy know what you want in a board then you should be able to tick all of your boxes with a cardboard. But if you realy dont know much about boards and what would be best for you give them a PM and they will help you out and give you the board you want.

The graphics look great and the one i tryed was a tempo, was fairly skatey but that is what the owner was chasing. I liked the foot straps with the two velcro straps so you could tension the toeside down a bit more. For the price i think you realy get a good board. I think they are still around the $850 mark a lot cheaper than most majour brands.

djdojo
VIC, 1509 posts
4 Mar 2010 11:29PM
Thumbs Up

not sure about this year's but the 2009 hardware was not well thought out.

the fins came with imperial allen-head screws whilst the straps had phillips head screws and the handle was metric allen-head. three tools for the hardware is ridiculous.

the hole placement for the straps was a lot narrower than standard so you couldn't put other straps on.

other than that my tempo was a pretty good board, but a bit too flexy for my liking.

kitegirl21
NSW, 439 posts
9 Mar 2010 11:58PM
Thumbs Up

i really like my tempo, as per the other replys-awesome graphics (n heaps to choose from), built well, extremely light, huge fan of the straps and pads-really comfortable, and the bottom of my board is a quad concave so its not as skatey as some of the other boards... really good value at 850 delivered and great customer service, wud def buy one of em again in the future

arab
VIC, 41 posts
21 Mar 2010 10:13PM
Thumbs Up

hi i ride a tempo with the double concave not four, custom board had it for a year now perfect all round board for the price, just a wisper new board out soon called the pro cant wait , oh have to agree on the different size screws not the best idea hope new ones are all the same screw sizes. it would be nice to be able to change foot straps if u wanted.

sburlo
NT, 166 posts
23 Mar 2010 8:35AM
Thumbs Up

Can't comment too much on the performance as I have not been out on the water much since mine was delivered, nice selection of graphics and great construction quality though.

1likeBJ
WA, 138 posts
25 Mar 2010 1:43PM
Thumbs Up

djdojo said...

the hole placement for the straps was a lot narrower than standard so you couldn't put other straps on.

other than that my tempo was a pretty good board, but a bit too flexy for my liking.

They can put extra inserts in to fit the standard 150mm spacing and you can order the board to be stiffer or softer

Card
QLD, 77 posts
25 Mar 2010 8:45PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys

We are currently working on our 2011 boards and the Tempo range in particular at the moment. We have done more R&D and testing on proto this season than ever before and it is showing in the ride quality.

We are going back to a standard 152mm insert pattern for this coming season, so no more strap assembly issues.

I will hopefully have some pics after Easter of some pre-production boards, i will give a sneak preview.

Cheers Dan

allano
WA, 163 posts
10 Apr 2010 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Cardboard Guys

How did the Easter testing Go

Any pics yet???

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Has anyone done a review on Cardboards Tempo" started by allano