Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

New North Juice

Created by NKBAUS > 9 months ago, 22 Mar 2017
eppo
WA, 9372 posts
1 May 2018 7:20AM
Thumbs Up

Yeh loop power in a 15 or 18m is always where the rubber meets the road when choosing a kite.

Macster
VIC, 276 posts
3 May 2018 9:19AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..
Yeh loop power in a 15 or 18m is always where the rubber meets the road when choosing a kite.

You dont darkslide, F16, back role kiteloop hand drag etc?

Light wind is the best to learn and practice these moves and the previous Juice has a really consistent, solid loop power.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
3 May 2018 7:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Macster said..

eppo said..

You dont darkslide, F16, back role kiteloop hand drag etc?

Light wind is the best to learn and practice these moves and the previous Juice has a really consistent, solid loop power.

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
4 May 2018 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

... I've had more time on the new 17m Juice and I'm really liking it so I have a few more opinions to share here:

At the risk of over repeating myself, it's a much better kite than the previous incarnations especially the first version of Juice,,,,, so much more refined.

I have to admit, for shear horsepower, my old 19m Edge still has it over the Juice but the Juice has many other features that out weigh this con. I love my horsepower but I'm willing to give that up for the playfulness and stability the Juice has.

I still haven't had the chance to try it in over powered conditions yet and I can't wait but when I have had decent wind, it feels it can take a lot more.

Something that the dyno's do is they get lighter bar pressure as the wind increases, and surprisingly, so does this Juice. It feels more and more lively which is cool!

The kite is less 'tractory' and not that the big Edge is more 'tractory', it's just that the Juice feels more lively when up and running. I'm still riding it on the hard steering setting too, Next session I get I must try the med and light steering settings.

Most kites I've had/owned seem to not suit one style of board for one reason or another but to my surprise, the Juice goes well on, not only TT's but surfboards and my Sector style boards so I can imagine it will be good on a hydrofoil too. My reasoning for saying that is the kite feels lighter as you pick up apparent wind speed so seeing as a hydrofoil is the ultimate in 'slippery through the water' needing less constant pull then this kite can do it to while not feel like it's too much. Probably not as good as other kites but I am talking about a 17m here which based on all the kites I know, this one is the most capable of all the 17's/18's or 19m kites.

When i demo'd the latest Zephyr, it was a great kite but seemed to lack that 'thing' or that 'feel' I wanted and the Juice instantly had it. I know my mate Eddie rides his foil often with his Zephyr and its great, works well, so I believe the Juice can too.

I've done a few little loops and its fun,,,, not because its easy to do with this kite, no, but because its not too pivoty or gutless like the Edge in the loops loosing that yank when done fast. For those who want a bit of 'balls' in loops, the Juice can provide.

So far so good,,, but I like it!

Cheers,

Robbie

p.s. no vested interest, just sharing info for the stoke!

Macster
VIC, 276 posts
5 May 2018 7:35AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Puetz said..
... I've had more time on the new 17m Juice and I'm really liking it so I have a few more opinions to share here:

At the risk of over repeating myself, it's a much better kite than the previous incarnations especially the first version of Juice,,,,, so much more refined.

I have to admit, for shear horsepower, my old 19m Edge still has it over the Juice but the Juice has many other features that out weigh this con. I love my horsepower but I'm willing to give that up for the playfulness and stability the Juice has.

I still haven't had the chance to try it in over powered conditions yet and I can't wait but when I have had decent wind, it feels it can take a lot more.

Something that the dyno's do is they get lighter bar pressure as the wind increases, and surprisingly, so does this Juice. It feels more and more lively which is cool!

The kite is less 'tractory' and not that the big Edge is more 'tractory', it's just that the Juice feels more lively when up and running. I'm still riding it on the hard steering setting too, Next session I get I must try the med and light steering settings.

Most kites I've had/owned seem to not suit one style of board for one reason or another but to my surprise, the Juice goes well on, not only TT's but surfboards and my Sector style boards so I can imagine it will be good on a hydrofoil too. My reasoning for saying that is the kite feels lighter as you pick up apparent wind speed so seeing as a hydrofoil is the ultimate in 'slippery through the water' needing less constant pull then this kite can do it to while not feel like it's too much. Probably not as good as other kites but I am talking about a 17m here which based on all the kites I know, this one is the most capable of all the 17's/18's or 19m kites.

When i demo'd the latest Zephyr, it was a great kite but seemed to lack that 'thing' or that 'feel' I wanted and the Juice instantly had it. I know my mate Eddie rides his foil often with his Zephyr and its great, works well, so I believe the Juice can too.

I've done a few little loops and its fun,,,, not because its easy to do with this kite, no, but because its not too pivoty or gutless like the Edge in the loops loosing that yank when done fast. For those who want a bit of 'balls' in loops, the Juice can provide.

So far so good,,, but I like it!

Cheers,

Robbie

p.s. no vested interest, just sharing info for the stoke!

Thanks. I look forward to trying. I have taken the 2016 15m Juice out foiling and yes, you can foil on it, though for me there are better suited 15m kites that can fly in ultra light wind.

The Juice is my favorite LW kite for twin tip riding out of the Fly, contra, Solo, Zephyr, Mono, helium 2, TS, lithium and Flysurfer Boost 2.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"New North Juice" started by NKBAUS