Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

North Foilboard

Created by Saffer > 9 months ago, 17 Apr 2015
Saffer
VIC, 4367 posts
17 Apr 2015 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

Not a review, more something for interest. I see North has a new foilboard. I'm guessing it's too new for anyone to have tried it.

northwindkitesurf.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/db_newsletter_issue_3_15_foilboard.pdf

Livit
WA, 417 posts
18 Apr 2015 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Can't figure out how they came out with that design? Regardless how easy it is to use it, who would spend $4500 for a beginner only rig ???

Puetz
NT, 2097 posts
18 Apr 2015 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

... at least they invented it!

Gorgo
VIC, 4104 posts
18 Apr 2015 3:12PM
Thumbs Up

The safety rail makes a little bit of sense, sort of. Imagine if your leg went down between the rails.

The push pin quick release on the foil looks good, if it works. F-One have also addressed the setup/packup issue with a single bolt holding the wings and fuselage together. The proliferation of different systems is a bit of a worry.

$4500 is just stupid. Liquid Force have definitely addressed the main concern for new foilers, the high startup cost.

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
18 Apr 2015 10:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gorgo said..
$4500 is just stupid. Liquid Force have definitely addressed the main concern for new foilers, the high startup cost.

Totally plugging my own thread here but there are a number of other foils for newbies at similar or even lower cost than LF's design. I'm not going to bag it here, it has strengths being slow, stable, tough and apparently good for jumping, plus a board you can surf with, with trade-offs being heavyish, slow, basic design, draggy & the board is inherently unsuited to foiling, heavy/sinky/no nose rocker.

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Kitesurfing/General/Entry-level-foils-boards-for-beginners/

Currently I would lean towards Manta at maybe $200 over LF's $2,000 price, or for me personally I'd choose Alpinefoil Aluminium+Carbon fiber + dedicated foilboard at $2240 delivered plus tax/duty. There's no comparison for me the Alpinefoil is one sexy mofo.

KFA will be delivering an Aussie mixed material low cost foil soon as well...

comparison LF to Alpinefoil..

kiteboy dave
QLD, 6525 posts
18 Apr 2015 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

ps not much here but anyway

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North Foilboard" started by Saffer