Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

North Neo Vs Ozone Reo

Created by diamond2001 > 9 months ago, 8 Feb 2015
mazdon
889 posts
19 Jun 2016 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

^^at least be honest about how little fun you're having DWing on a 6m in 17kn on a boat of a board.
Even a 75kg mate of mine who rides surfboards, and well, uses his 8m neo from 15 to about 20 and then changes to his 6m. Sick kite from low to late 20s, but would rather be on smaller again at solid late 20s to 30kn.
If you ride a foil from 15kn and then a variety of boards all with your 6 then fair enough, but say so. Can't imagine any (other) shop recommending a 6m neo as one kite for that wind range. It's silly.

Ps. I ride neos

piccio
25 posts
20 Jun 2016 12:52AM
Thumbs Up

at first impression more power from reo 9 2016 model ......same good turning.
wind dropped no chance to compare .
reo owner turned from 10 8 last year model to 9 7 this year and confirms the improvement

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 728 posts
Site Sponsor
27 Jun 2016 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
piccio said..
at first impression more power from reo 9 2016 model ......same good turning.
wind dropped no chance to compare .
reo owner turned from 10 8 last year model to 9 7 this year and confirms the improvement

2015 and 2016 Ozone Reo's were identical, other than colours and graphics. Now the 2017 Reo V4, will be a totally new design, similar to look at overall, but the designer has spent a lot of time on the smaller sizes getting them to be even better than previous versions. The kite will be available to purchase around the end of July.

castill0jf
VIC, 551 posts
28 Jun 2016 6:18AM
Thumbs Up

if the new REO can go upwind as good at the NEO they will have a new customer. I don't like the North bars. Whatr I like about the REO are the quick turning and the drift. About the kite size power vs other brands it doesn't matter. The REO turn quick. cheers

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 728 posts
Site Sponsor
28 Jun 2016 8:33AM
Thumbs Up

I've just seen a dealer pre release news email. The kite looks real nice. The Enduro and foils theme is carried through graphically and I'm guessing all the kite will get this treatment as they are released this year. Ozone has its own CAD software that it uses to design kites, along with the skills of the design team lead by Rob Whitttall. This software has undergone a significant re-development due to the full time employment by Ozone of a very talented software engineer, and the Enduro, R1 V2 and now the Reo are the models that are demonstrating how good it is.
Not long to wait now, just another 3-4 weeks....

piccio
25 posts
28 Jun 2016 6:39PM
Thumbs Up

sure .I had an impression only of more power ......not a good spot in rome....rare wind ...waves more like holes .
more wind and fun with real waves here in west sardinia ......yesterday nice overhead side wind around 25 k .
fun with 6 m rrd ......would it be some quicker on turning like reo .....could be perfect......horsepower of neo too...even more .
brands's job.....a brand job ...their job ...????
glad a new release in few weeks ...no problem to change again

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North Neo Vs Ozone Reo" started by diamond2001