Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

North Vegas 14,5m does it worth?

Created by Pumma > 9 months ago, 29 Jan 2016
Pumma
24 posts
29 Jan 2016 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

I now have a 9 and 11m Vegas 2015 kite quiver and I am thinking of a bigger kite for light winds , I have the wakebar in 6th line Hadlow setup riding in 22m and 24m with 2m extensions but riding with boots in light winds doesn't make my life easy
Does it worth buying a 14,5m Vegas or 13m will be quicker in moving? Anyone already riding it with boots?
I am 88kgs to tell me the available range ?

Pumma
24 posts
5 Feb 2016 6:51PM
Thumbs Up

none ?

mywisdom
WA, 258 posts
5 Feb 2016 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

ok ill reply by first saying AND NO OFFENSE INTENDED just correcting your English which I suspect is your second language and I commend you on that but the question would be phrased "Is it worth getting a 14m vegas?" and I by no means saying my English is perfect just thought u might find it helpful.

And secondly I will say I only owned the 2012 vegas 14m which I believe is a fairly different model to the new kite BUT I loved it when it was actually possible to fly it maybe 13-16knots. The advantage of having a light wind wakestyle kite is fairly flat water pretty much anywhere u kite and I found the 14 just sat in the air with heaps of strong predictable pull that made unhook progressing super fun and non punishing. Maybe for an an advanced wakestyle you might not find the pop strong enough at those low winds to really push yourself and to take it out in anything over 16knots when u have an 11 would be silly so it might not fit your style I'm not sure.

The new more c style might have a worse low end but a better high end so I don't know sorry.

Pumma
24 posts
6 Feb 2016 1:37AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for your reply ! actually , the question is if it worths buying the 14,5 instead of 13m (because 13 might be quicker) but anyway no problem
Riding on boots made my light wind sessions tiring with my 11 as the bar is quite heavy that's why I am thinking for a bigger kite

carbine
WA, 1418 posts
9 Feb 2016 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Pumma, try an Airiush razor. They have better effective bottom end i.e. The wind at which you can hold ground or stay upwind.

15m Razor is a joyous kite, simmilar feel to the 16m torch 2, which was a magical lightwind freestyler.

Pumma
24 posts
12 Feb 2016 2:54PM
Thumbs Up

i really like the Razor's especially for they bulletproof construction but i already have
Vegas 9 & 11 so i would like to stay to North

i think i will get the 14,5 instead of the 13m

kungfupete
VIC, 149 posts
16 Feb 2016 11:21AM
Thumbs Up

I have a 14.5m Vegas 2016 (& a 11m Vegas 2016). Yes it works, its unbelievable.... no bullshti. I run the Hadlow Bar on 5th with 24m lines (22m plus 2m extensions). So good. I flip the bar ends every time I change sides (inside bar ends for 11m, outside bar ends for 14.5m.

I'm 5.10ft, 73kgs, ride a 142cm Joke (lots of rocker) and am loving life!

I ride wakestyle all the time and I want the kite to never move. This set up works perfect for me.

Get the 14.5 for sure.

P.S. my mate has a 15m Razor, which also looks like it works really well. But I have not ridden it.

daveisthekotz
NSW, 110 posts
3 Mar 2016 1:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey mate,

I also own a 14.5 Vegas from 2015. The thing is a truck. Its easily my favourite kite to ride. The bar is heavy, but the thing is sooooo stable and doesn't move an inch. I am a heavier guy so this is my normal kite. Guys on the beach normally get a shock when i'm pumping my 14.5 up when they are on 10's and 9's but its definitely a beast of a kite. Only thing I will say is I reckon 13m might get the same bottom end because of its turning speed and will get to a higher wind range.

Cheers,

Dave

Pumma
24 posts
6 Mar 2016 7:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
daveisthekotz said...
Hey mate,

I also own a 14.5 Vegas from 2015. The thing is a truck. Its easily my favourite kite to ride. The bar is heavy, but the thing is sooooo stable and doesn't move an inch. I am a heavier guy so this is my normal kite. Guys on the beach normally get a shock when i'm pumping my 14.5 up when they are on 10's and 9's but its definitely a beast of a kite. Only thing I will say is I reckon 13m might get the same bottom end because of its turning speed and will get to a higher wind range.

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks for your reply !
The bottom end is my big question between 13 and 14,5
13 in smaller and quicker to move than 14,5
14,5 is big and difficult to move in my small 6 line bar
Riding with boots what is your bottom end riding?
Can you pop in 11-12 knots well?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North Vegas 14,5m does it worth?" started by Pumma