63 posts
27 Apr 2016 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JBFletch said..

strekke said..

JBFletch said..
Hi Strekke,

The new 2016 CSC NUGGET is slightly different to the old 2015 NUGGET.

1st thing that is noticeably different is the shape. The 2015 uses a surfboard inspired full outline, were as the 2016 is all about compact.

2nd thing is that the lightwind ability is different. the 2015 rides very much like a fat surfboard, were as the the 2016 (for lightwind) gets up and going almost like a raceboard. It hums onto the plane and flys upwind, noticeably better.

3rd regardless of the above, the 2016 surfs really well. Its far looser then the 2015 and also fits in the pocket a little better. If you like flying down the line then the 2015 is still pretty good for this, but for a good allround, underpowered performance surf feel, then the 2016 is not bad.

Do yourself a favor and hit up your local dealer for a demo.
Its the only way to know.

Thanks for the info! Can you elaborate on 2? I ride my SB flat and work the fins when I'm underpowered, but haven't ridden a raceboard before, so can't really relate to what you mean by the 2016 nugget riding like a raceboard. Or do you just mean that the 2015 nugget will get you going as if riding a larger surfboard flat, while the 2016 will get you going in the same winds as if you were on a full sized raceboard? AKA, if I understand correctly: if you want to gain as much low end as possible, the 2016 is the better choice?

Also, how does it handle chop?

Was planning on testing one for sure but not sure I will be able to have the opportunity to test 2015 and 2016 back to back on a truly light wind day, so that's why I'm trying to gather some info beforehand already!

Sorry Strekke,

Time got away from me.
How is the 5"0 CSC going?

Well I tested one and bought one and absolutely love it, as mentioned in my superlong review post above

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1341 posts
30 Apr 2016 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah there pretty good. I went out for an hour or so on me 5,3 nugget this arvo. Big swell and wind was light. Neo 10 and I'm 82 litres of Shiraz. Was staying up wind really easy, bit tricky riding wave down wind as not much wind in the kite to control it. But really fun.
When I got in, checked the port wind meter and 12 knots 2 min average, gusting to 15.
No way on the surfboard, nugget is a marginal wind beast

noodelsrominov
VIC, 265 posts
1 May 2016 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

I was a bit confused by the volume on Norths website where the 5' is 23L and the 5'3" is 30L I couldn't work out why it was 7L difference. I got my nugget today and the 5' says 27L. I'm going to assume the website is wrong. Pretty big error for their best selling board range...someone should have checked that info. It's now on their website and all their retailers.

No wind so all I can do is look at it.

Dave Whettingsteel
WA, 1341 posts
1 May 2016 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

27l sounds right for the 5 compared to the 30l 53. Sounds like a typo on the website. Don't fret too much, you'll be happy when you get a bit of wind!

Saferider
23 posts
5 Oct 2016 1:10AM
Thumbs Up

just for inspiration...

bigtone667
NSW, 1008 posts
5 Oct 2016 10:24AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Saferider said..
just for inspiration...

Light wind and even lighter wind!!!! Nice.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"North nugget" started by ste