Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

North spike textreme 2017

Reply
Created by wave6ft > 9 months ago, 24 Jan 2017
wave6ft
QLD, 123 posts
24 Jan 2017 7:33PM
Thumbs Up

Hi looking for a lite wind board to replace my crazy fly cruiser wanting a board good in lite wind a board that goes toeside well enough and jumps ok this board looks the goods but expensive just wondering if any one has demoed this board etc cheers

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
24 Jan 2017 8:47PM
Thumbs Up

As soon as textreme is mentioned double the cost! Mention North and half the quality!

So all up 25% worth what you're paying.

4XL
WA, 218 posts
25 Jan 2017 9:12AM
Thumbs Up

Have 2015/2016
Great board does everything designed for. I use it with a zephyr@ 14knots . . . . It's not designed for freestyle hence the weight is minimal. . . . But to get you going in light winds it is great. . . . . .

fruuugz
NSW, 114 posts
26 Jan 2017 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NickT said..
As soon as textreme is mentioned double the cost! Mention North and half the quality!

So all up 25% worth what you're paying.


Actually there twin tips are made in austria by arguably the best ski/snowboard manufacturing factory. Feel free to try dis Capita but everyone with even the faintest knowledge of board construction is just going to roll there eyes at your blatant stuipidity and ignorance.

Good luck with your maths classes nick percentages can be tuff

fruuugz
NSW, 114 posts
26 Jan 2017 10:26AM
Thumbs Up

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
26 Jan 2017 9:49AM
Thumbs Up

I paid the extra large price on a team board once. About the eight time i rode it, it snapped either side of my foot. Also know others unhappy with how textreme wears.

I remember being told how a sponsored rider snapped 3 in a weekend after id snapped mine. Yet they still sold them to the masses.

Had a Gambler and although my tracks never pulled out like others i had to continually smack them back down as they lifted constantly.

Caved the deck in on a never jumped WAM on a single 2km tack in choppy winds.

So im talking from some experience and yes I was luck to be friends with a shop a while back who helped with a couple warranties which I wouldnt have got if I was an average Joe.

I do like their kite construction though, just will never get a north board again.

NickT
WA, 1094 posts
26 Jan 2017 9:56AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fruuugz said..

NickT said..
As soon as textreme is mentioned double the cost! Mention North and half the quality!

So all up 25% worth what you're paying.



Actually there twin tips are made in austria by arguably the best ski/snowboard manufacturing factory. Feel free to try dis Capita but everyone with even the faintest knowledge of board construction is just going to roll there eyes at your blatant stuipidity and ignorance.

Good luck with your maths classes nick percentages can be tuff


Salomon made surfboards once too! Big flop.

fruuugz
NSW, 114 posts
26 Jan 2017 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

"How textreme wears"

STF spread tow fabric, used in formula 1

I suppose you have upgraded to somthing NASA uses that formula 1 cant afford?

More fibers less weight , who are your boffin mates who dont like how that "wears"? Do they work for ferari? Or ford?

www.textreme.com/technology

Im just a chippy, but when i hear someone say one construction materials **** i would love to know what your superiour one is. Without all the bull**** heresay of course.

What you did to your wam isnt really my concern i am begining to think you never owned a "textreme " board. You mention a team board do you mean a team series? What year? What are you riding now that is 50% bull**** and 75% unfounded leaving 25% wank?

150perrrrcent

I ask this because there is no textreme in the team series, only on the jaime text spike text and select. And are you even aware of those its only the top deck?? What are your wicked sick mates doing to the top deck to not like how it wears??

You say you have experience but a brief look at a brochure just tears your storys apart.

JOYRIDER
704 posts
27 Jan 2017 1:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NickT said..
I paid the extra large price on a team board once. About the eight time i rode it, it snapped either side of my foot. Also know others unhappy with how textreme wears.



The TS board is and has never been Textreme.
Just the select, spike and Jaime.As Fruuugz said, the North twinnies are now made in the capita factory. First year. So i think you'll find the quality issue have increased.

I don't know what you guys do.I have a 4 year old Jaime and wear boots on it, and it is still straight as a die. Bit scratched but still sound.



Subscribe
Reply

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews


"North spike textreme 2017" started by wave6ft