Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Ocean Rodeo Mako

Created by billykiter > 9 months ago, 8 Jul 2015
billykiter
WA, 302 posts
8 Jul 2015 10:39PM
Thumbs Up

I currently have a 2009 150 Mako which I bought second hand. It's an awesome board!! I also ride a surfboard and a twinnie but find the mako is a great cross between the two. The only thing is I would love to buy a 2015 150 mako but can't find anyone who sells them in Perth or even all of Oz. does know anyone who sells new makos???

Gilly3
QLD, 794 posts
9 Jul 2015 6:57AM
Thumbs Up

Try sending a pm to Nigel www.seabreeze.com.au/Members/Profile/Details.aspx?member=EastCC

Pretty sure he is the distributor for OR here...

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
9 Jul 2015 9:35AM
Thumbs Up

Looks like I will need to work on my SEO again

Shoot me an email I can get one to you.

billykiter
WA, 302 posts
9 Jul 2015 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Guys

ezza06
WA, 13 posts
10 Jul 2015 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

Hey buzz I bought a mako king a few years back of you love the board and was curious if you have any info about the duke looks like another winner cheers mate

bigtone667
NSW, 1502 posts
10 Jul 2015 9:36PM
Thumbs Up

I would describe Duke as the mako king with volume. A little better in light wind conditions and lulls. And has a superb deck.

Really nice in the surf and choppy conditions.

Simsurf
WA, 237 posts
10 Jul 2015 11:11PM
Thumbs Up

I have a 2015 Mako 150. Love it. Good in both chop and flat water. Can be a bit skittish when you first get on them but they love front foot pressure. Big rocker so needs to be powered up though. Not a light wind board at all for me but awesome when it's cranking.

Buzz
NSW, 319 posts
11 Jul 2015 3:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ezza06 said..
Hey buzz I bought a mako king a few years back of you love the board and was curious if you have any info about the duke looks like another winner cheers mate

Hi Ezza ... I can't wait to try a Duke - only problem is i can't get my hands on 'em here as they are made in Taiwan I think ... only heard good things about 'em.

Until I can get one locally, or when I travel somewhere that has 'em (import tax's are a killer here), still stoked to be riding the Kings - especially when there's a few mushy reef waves around !

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
11 Jul 2015 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

The duke is a great board in the mushy stuff and choppy conditions. It doesnt chatter and you can really carve hard off the rail. Upwind is good. It is a very user friendly & stable board strapped or strapless. If you like the feel of the mako, looking for a board for choppy surf, a bit of strapless fs or transitioning from a tt to directional then it will suit.
It has its own permanent spot in my van

Maybe I should get a demo board over there

billykiter
WA, 302 posts
22 Jul 2015 1:51PM
Thumbs Up

Have to thank Nigel from East Coast Kitesurfing for the quick delivery of the new Mako 150. He posted last Wednesday and i received it yesterday (Tuesday).
Can't wait to get out on the water, the board looks Sweeet!!

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
22 Jul 2015 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
billykiter said..
Have to thank Nigel from East Coast Kitesurfing for the quick delivery of the new Mako 150. He posted last Wednesday and i received it yesterday (Tuesday).
Can't wait to get out on the water, the board looks Sweeet!!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Ocean Rodeo Mako" started by billykiter