Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Ocean Rodeo Mako

Created by Forcetwelve > 9 months ago, 2 Jan 2015
Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
2 Jan 2015 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Hey - trying to get my hands on a Mako. Found one here: www.eastcoastkitesurfing.com.au/product/ocean-rodeo-mako/

Anyone bought from these guys before?

junglist
VIC, 701 posts
2 Jan 2015 6:12PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Forcetwelve said..
Hey - trying to get my hands on a Mako. Found one here: www.eastcoastkitesurfing.com.au/product/ocean-rodeo-mako/

Yep Seabreeze sponsor, you will be fine with them.

I have a 150, its a great board.

Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
2 Jan 2015 7:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
junglist said..

Forcetwelve said..

Yep Seabreeze sponsor, you will be fine with them.

I have a 150, its a great board.

Cheers - will look into it further then. They look like great boards for sure!

bigtone667
NSW, 1502 posts
3 Jan 2015 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

I grabbed the Mako King and set it up in mutant mode. Awesome surf board.

Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
3 Jan 2015 12:52PM
Thumbs Up

Ended up buying the 150 last night. Will be here next week - very excited!

winwil
VIC, 79 posts
4 Jan 2015 12:16AM
Thumbs Up

...always found the makos excellent boards. I have tried the king and the 150. Brilliant boards that have given me untold pleasure. OR are very respsonsive in my experience on any quality issues but sorry to hear the negative experience above on the kite.

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
4 Jan 2015 8:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Forcetwelve said..
Ended up buying the 150 last night. Will be here next week - very excited!

Let us know your thoughts when you have a few sessions under your belt

Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
5 Jan 2015 8:42AM
Thumbs Up

Will do EastCC! Can't wait for it to arrive now!

Buzz
NSW, 319 posts
15 Jan 2015 6:48AM
Thumbs Up

remember to use slightly a bit more front foot pressure than a regular TT ... once you get it dialed in, I'm sure your gunna like it

derick
QLD, 28 posts
15 Jan 2015 3:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buzz said..
remember to use slightly a bit more front foot pressure than a regular TT ... once you get it dialed in, I'm sure your gunna like it

Nigel is loaning me 140 to try out here on Sunny Coast. Cant wait.

Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
17 Jan 2015 8:14AM
Thumbs Up

Hasn't been the right conditions here for me to try it out. I am hanging to get out there. Board looks awesome.

snalberski
WA, 857 posts
17 Jan 2015 10:14AM
Thumbs Up

I had a quick try on a 150 the other day. My normal board is a Shinn Monk. By comparison the 150 was much stiffer and less absorbent of chop. It was ok but the Monk takes the cake for me.

kennybt
WA, 13 posts
17 Jan 2015 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Bought from Nigel , enquired about spare fins he got them chucked in a container from Canada and sent them to me probably not much more than cost. Love the 150 mako it's all I ride in the perth chop and it's just an easy really fun board to ride. Haven't rode many others so not the person to compare against other brands, heaps of reviews online. Reason i ordered the spare fins was I didn't want to have to go back to my old tt in case I broke/ lost one.

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
18 Jan 2015 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

Ocean Rodeo have been working on this one for a while now, the Mako Duke, 5'4 x 8 1/2, 25.3L

Plummet
4862 posts
18 Jan 2015 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EastCC said..
Ocean Rodeo have been working on this one for a while now, the Mako Duke, 5'4 x 8 1/2, 25.3L

nice

Plummet
4862 posts
18 Jan 2015 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
snalberski said..
I had a quick try on a 150 the other day. My normal board is a Shinn Monk. By comparison the 150 was much stiffer and less absorbent of chop. It was ok but the Monk takes the cake for me.

A short go doesn't cut it. You need a longer session to dial in. Standard TT technique will be slappy and annoying. My front foot weight and slicing through rather than slapping over chop will unlock the gold smooth chop muncher.

snalberski
WA, 857 posts
18 Jan 2015 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said...
snalberski said..

A short go doesn't cut it. You need a longer session to dial in. Standard TT technique will be slappy and annoying. My front foot weight and slicing through rather than slapping over chop will unlock the gold smooth chop muncher.

That may be the case but should a I change my technique to suit a board or just use a Monk that is already a chop muncher with standard tt technique

Buzz
NSW, 319 posts
19 Jan 2015 5:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Plummet said..

snalberski said..

agree 100% with Plummet ... the deep concave provides a sort of 'cushion affect' that makes 'em sooo smooth ... and you get really good bite in dead flat as well

Buzz
NSW, 319 posts
19 Jan 2015 5:59AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kennybt said..
Bought from Nigel , enquired about spare fins he got them chucked in a container from Canada and sent them to me probably not much more than cost. Love the 150 mako it's all I ride in the perth chop and it's just an easy really fun board to ride. Haven't rode many others so not the person to compare against other brands, heaps of reviews online. Reason i ordered the spare fins was I didn't want to have to go back to my old tt in case I broke/ lost one.

you can use other fins on 'em too...

Plummet
4862 posts
19 Jan 2015 3:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Buzz said..

Plummet said..

snalberski said..

agree 100% with Plummet ... the deep concave provides a sort of 'cushion affect' that makes 'em sooo smooth ... and you get really good bite in dead flat as well

That depends on what you want out of your board. The mako will exceed your boards performance particularly in waves. If you have no waves and just chop and enjoy your board. Happy days. If you want to get deeper and better carving in the waves then the Mako makes for an awesome board.

bigtone667
NSW, 1502 posts
19 Jan 2015 7:53AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EastCC said..

Are they selling it yet?

EastCC
QLD, 354 posts
19 Jan 2015 7:16AM
Thumbs Up

Mid February expected release date, it should come including straps,.fins and a board bag.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Ocean Rodeo Mako" started by Forcetwelve