Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Ocean Rodeo Session Harness

Created by Buschy > 9 months ago, 7 Jul 2006
Buschy
QLD, 188 posts
7 Jul 2006 10:45AM
Thumbs Up

Traded my Dakine Fusion seat harness for a new Ocean Rodeo Session harness. Was looking for a seat harness that would provide a bit more freedom of movement around the hip area.

The Session is basically a waist harness with a set of leg straps that attach to each side of the harness, at the upper hip rather than the lower bum. There are two small bungy type cords that run off the rear of the harness to help support the leg straps, but there isn’t a “nappy” like with most other seat harnesses.

Have used it about 10 times now. Quality wise I would say the Session is every bit as good as the Dakine. It looks like it has been built to last. Time will tell…

The Session does provide more freedom of movement. Putting the board on your feet while in a seated position is now a breeze. Also much easier to rotate your body from side to side without any restriction.

Although the Session is comfortable, I’m not entirely convinced it’s more comfortable than the Fusion, especially if your male. Having said that, I am still fiddling with the position of the leg straps. They can be raised and lowered depending on how low or high you want the position of the spreader bar hook.

The Session can also be worn as a straight waist harness. Other features include a hook knife and a handle pass leash loop on the back of the harness with quick release system.

All-in-all I’m happy with it. The extra mobility it offers is a big plus.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Ocean Rodeo Session Harness" started by Buschy