Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

One for the North Brains Trust.

Created by EB > 9 months ago, 15 Nov 2014
EB
SA, 492 posts
15 Nov 2014 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Time to replace the much loved 2011 9m North Rebel. Only being replaced due to excessive damage/ repair bill. Couple of questions do I stay with Rebel or move onto the Dice? Love the low end power of the 9m so will be looking for that again. Does the 9m Dice have this or would it need to be a 10m or bigger?
Kite will mostly be used for free ride and the occasional cross shore wave ride where I will be looking for the 9m rebel control, that I am used too.
Cheers.
EB

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
15 Nov 2014 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

... Dice is nice and what not,,,, but if you want the same same power and character then the 2014 Rebel the only answer to fit the bill in new stuff, or of course get an new 2011 to get exactly the same but, you may just wanna move on and you don't know what you want just yet,,,,,, so the only way is to test, test, and test some more. Dude, demo your arse off. If you stumble across to "one" then grab it with both hands...... jobs done!

EB
SA, 492 posts
15 Nov 2014 11:59PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Peutz testing isn't an option and unfortunately I am in need now not later. Would love the luxury of test test test. Been with Rebels for 5 years a replacement 2011 is not a bad option offers great value for money. Just don't want to sell myself short on improvements that are now available in the newer styles.

LostDog
WA, 445 posts
16 Nov 2014 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

I too love the Rebel. Went onto an EVO the last replacement, and as much as I like it, it's for different reasons. Recently picked up a secondhand Rebel again and just love it all over again, like a familiar old friend.
Im dying to try the 2015 Rebel, although I can't think of buying one now.

Puetz
NT, 2172 posts
16 Nov 2014 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EB said..
Thanks Peutz testing isn't an option and unfortunately I am in need now not later. Would love the luxury of test test test. Been with Rebels for 5 years a replacement 2011 is not a bad option offers great value for money. Just don't want to sell myself short on improvements that are now available in the newer styles.

... yeah I hear ya, that's a struggle we all have when we wanna upgrade, am I missing out if I stay the same. With the 2014 or 2015 Rebels you'll pretty much have an improved version of the 2011 with same power so I don't think you'll be missing out there,,,,,, unless you want to go unhooking kitelooping wakestyle-ing, then you'll have to look around. Staying with Rebels, you can be confident in knowing you have the same characteristics you've grown up with, all with the power you need, plus you don't have to change any of your style. There are some good second hand 2014's out there too.

Good luck!

Robbie

EB
SA, 492 posts
16 Nov 2014 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Puetz said..

EB said..

... yeah I hear ya, that's a struggle we all have when we wanna upgrade, am I missing out if I stay the same. With the 2014 or 2015 Rebels you'll pretty much have an improved version of the 2011 with same power so I don't think you'll be missing out there,,,,,, unless you want to go unhooking kitelooping wakestyle-ing, then you'll have to look around. Staying with Rebels, you can be confident in knowing you have the same characteristics you've grown up with, all with the power you need, plus you don't have to change any of your style. There are some good second hand 2014's out there too.
Good luck!Robbie

Cheers,
I am now on the look out for a Rebel suits what I do perfectly.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"One for the North Brains Trust." started by EB