Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Ozone Enduro V2

Created by Ozone Kites Aus > 9 months ago, 3 Oct 2017
Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
3 Oct 2017 9:03AM
Thumbs Up

I've ridden my 11M demo 3 times now, in waves, riding surfboards. Is it a radically different kite, no. If you already have Enduro's and love them is there an urgent need to upgrade, no.
However if you want a more refined version and budget allows, then go for it, you will not be disappointed. The V2 has a smoother feel all round, bar pressure is a bit lighter in the wave and freeride settings (have not tried it in freestyle), and the turn is pivotal around the rear line attachment point. The turn is smooth with no sign of stalling in the turn, looping this kite will be fun and the kite flutters very little due to the refined canopy shape and the trailing edge foam battens.
On a wave its a very capable kite and if I did not regularly ride Reo V4's then I'd be quite happy with this kite, the Reo just has a bit better drift and shorter depower stroke.
Demo's should be getting to all the dealers now and over the next week. The new bar is nice, more comfortable to hold, same reliable Ozone safety system.

Adam'KiteRepair
NSW, 331 posts
4 Oct 2017 10:13AM
Thumbs Up

Id have to mostly agree. Disclaimer! I ride Ozone, love ozone, curruntly on V1s and getting V2s.
Kite is definetlly smoother through the window, and turns heaps fast, thats a big bonus for me as I felt the V1 was always a bit slow. Im not sure how much of that is to do with the canopy or the fact that oz9ne have amazing new lines! These guys know about lines, and how important they are! Id didnt get the best angle on waves that day but i felt comfortable pivoting this kite way out infront of me. Did manage to get it wet at lennox(sharky as!) And I was super happy with the relaunch. also felt the overall wind range has changed too. atleast on the 11. I was out riding it in wind that i nomally wouldnt be able to hold my V1 in. infact, I took a 8m reo out right after and felt perfect. Thats a huge bonus I feel. I recon it might boost better aswell, though Im no boost expert. That faster feel made it easier to time my pop.
The bar is amazing! though Ill have to get used to the colours. lol. And the bag is a bag, dont hate, just kite!
Is it worth upgrading? Iv told myself yes, so Im sticking to that. But ozone australia is probably right.

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
4 Oct 2017 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

Here are some pics of the new bar. The chicken loop is the same. There will eventually be a new chicken loop too, but I don't know when. I have seen the new loop and it will be 100% backwards compatible with all previous Ozone contact water bars.
The floats on the new bar are made from a more dense and strong foam with a better shape and built in rear line adjusters. The grip/bar is the same diameter, centre hole is the same shape. The grip has a wrapped texture like a golf club and I find it way more comfortable.
The rear lines are 15% thinner and the same strength at 300kg and the centre lines are the same size, but 15% stronger so now 575Kg, the lines are a lot less stretchy and you can notice a significant difference.

dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
5 Oct 2017 7:22AM
Thumbs Up

What type of lines are they going with this year? I have two years of heavy use on my bar and lines still look great.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
5 Oct 2017 7:19AM
Thumbs Up

Yep, the lines ozone use are the best and by the looks of it have got even better.

eppo
WA, 9372 posts
5 Oct 2017 12:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..
Yep, the lines ozone use are the best and by the looks of it have got even better.

North lines on the other hand...don't get me started...

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
5 Oct 2017 7:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
eppo said..

eppo said..

North lines on the other hand...don't get me started...

i love the way they seem to entwine, especially the 5 line models, its like the missus has f..ked around whilst youve been sleeping in an attempt to spoil you session

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
5 Oct 2017 9:19PM
Thumbs Up

Looking forward to having a fly of the v2 enduro at the Midwest Windfest,

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
8 Oct 2017 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dafish said..
What type of lines are they going with this year? I have two years of heavy use on my bar and lines still look great.

Ozone is sticking with the same manufacturer, but they have switched to the latest version of dyneema known as SK99, which is 15% stronger for the same line spec/dimension. This allowed Ozone to make the rear lines 15% thinner (down from 1.1mm to 0.9mm) and the front lines are 15% stronger. The front lines have stayed the same physical size (2.2mm) as all the tester's and dealer feedback was that everyone like the size of the front lines. The lines are 300kg rear and 575kg front, lines can also be purchased in pairs now, front or rear. The lines colours are longer lasting too because the line is coloured before its braided. They are still being sold as 500kg/300kg.

dafish
NSW, 1631 posts
9 Oct 2017 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Niiiiiiiiiice. That seems like a great improvement.

KIT33R
NSW, 1714 posts
30 Oct 2017 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

I've been riding Ozone Reo's for a few years (10m and 8m), which I absolutely love, but I've been looking for a new kite to get me out in lighter winds. I'm 63 kgs. I tried the Hyperlink, but it's not for me. Tried a single strut kite a while back, nope. So, keeping a long story short I've bought a 11m Enduro V2. First day out the wind was just enough to fly the kite with a little pull, about 10 -12 knots. I grabbed the Shinnster and powered up the V2. Jumped on the plane early and with a few sines was staying up wind. Note: middle knot on front line bridle setting. There was only me and the foil guys out so I was pretty pleased with the low end of this kite. Day 2 started out pretty similar but the wind gradually strengthened to about 18 knots and I could get a better feel for the kite. Smooth power delivery and quick through the air. I like the progressive bar pressure so you can feel the sweet spot. The combination of the Shinnster and the V2 causes it to motor upwind which had some people confused and drew a few comments. Next step will be to see how it performs in the surf. A well made and bloody good kite as you'd expect from Ozone.

Note on the bridle knots: There are 3 knot settings where the bridles meet in the centre of the leading edge. Wave, free ride and freestyle. See the video.

martino86
5 posts
14 Nov 2017 5:17PM
Thumbs Up

I'm 63kg too. So would you recommend going 7/9/12, 6/9/12 or 6/8/11 on the V2? Have a Firewire Evo and a Nobile NHP Split.

Plummet
4862 posts
15 Nov 2017 1:57AM
Thumbs Up

Had a go on the 8m endur0 in the below waves on Sunday. Wind was about 25 knots, so I was slightly underdone on the mutant. The kite was rigged on a stupid small 38cm bar. I'm used to 50cm bar. The kite felt dull and slow. I'm guessing it was just the stupid short bar and the fact that i'd just been flying the 4m uno on a 50cm bar for 2 days.

Any way other than that it was nice and smooth and jumped real well for the fact that it was underpowered. It did nothing silly and was really stable on the inside in the dirty wind.

Comparing it to my 2012 8m catalyst. The endur0 jumped better drifted just as well, perhaps turned slower???? but hard to tell given the tiny bar. Is there a mind blowing increase in performance with 5 years of technology? No. It flys like a nice kite but I didn't instantly blow my load by how much better it was.

My conclusion is kites haven't advanced much at all and there is no point buying the latest model if you don't have the funds to do so.

Adam'KiteRepair
NSW, 331 posts
15 Nov 2017 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
martino86 said..
I'm 63kg too. So would you recommend going 7/9/12, 6/9/12 or 6/8/11 on the V2? Have a Firewire Evo and a Nobile NHP Split.

You are a bit lighter then me, im at 68kg.
Last season I was way overcooked on my 9 every time, this season I have a 6 reo, 8 and 11 enduros and feel like it a perfect set up.

martino86
5 posts
15 Nov 2017 5:39AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Adam'KiteRepair said..

martino86 said..

You are a bit lighter then me, im at 68kg.
Last season I was way overcooked on my 9 every time, this season I have a 6 reo, 8 and 11 enduros and feel like it a perfect set up.

Cheers, whats your lowend of the 11 and 8?

Was overcooked too a couple of times on my 12 and my 9. So if I don't lose any significant lowend going from 12 to 11 I'll definitely change.

KIT33R
NSW, 1714 posts
20 Nov 2017 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
martino86 said..

My general rule is 2m between kite sizes so that there is a small over lap. I have survived for many years with 2 kites (8 m and 10m Reos). These have done me from 14 knots up to 30knots. Having 2 boards also helps. The 11m Enduro has got me out a little earlier than I used to.

Phoney
NSW, 583 posts
21 Nov 2017 4:24PM
Thumbs Up

I weigh 80kgs and have a 8m 2013 Cat, 10m 2015 Cat and a 12m 2012 Reo.

I'm seriously considering swapping out the 12m Reo with the Enduro as the Reo flies like a dog.

I have the option of V2 new or V1 for $500 less & I'm torn.

ActionSportsWA
WA, 950 posts
23 Nov 2017 2:49PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cauncy said..

Hey Mick,

Yep, all packed with Enduro's, Reo's, Neo's, Rebels, Evo's, Mono's, Dice, Free's, XR5's, GTS4's, Sections, RPM's, SST's, Delta ReVamps, Whips, WAM's, Pro Sessions, a swag of Shinn and North Twinnies and loads more.

Sorry to say the Edge's look like they'll miss the show due to slow freight delivery. We may still get them for Sunday if they get delivered tomorrow.

DM

Spark
WA, 205 posts
23 Nov 2017 3:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ActionSportsWA said..

cauncy said..

Hey Mick,

Yep, all packed with Enduro's, Reo's, Neo's, Rebels, Evo's, Mono's, Dice, Free's, XR5's, GTS4's, Sections, RPM's, SST's, Delta ReVamps, Whips, WAM's, Pro Sessions, a swag of Shinn and North Twinnies and loads more.

Sorry to say the Edge's look like they'll miss the show due to slow freight delivery. We may still get them for Sunday if they get delivered tomorrow.

DM

What size XR5 and Evo demo have you got DM?

2018 Evo?

cauncy
WA, 8407 posts
21 Dec 2017 7:55PM
Thumbs Up

Had a demo of the new v2 enduro 10 from west oz, the kite on last wingtip setting , middle knot on free ride and freestyle setting was my personal preference in its power delivery, feel and turning speed, certainly no slouch, very easy to dial in for some great jumps, passed it around a few guys and all had a big grin , make sure you actually use the simple wave/ free ride/ freestyle settings, they really make a difference to performance, adding the 3 knot settings on the back lines with add to your preference, construction was top notch , I'll be looking at an 8/10 quiver, I never really look into bar n lines but the new set up was fantastic, the bar had a great feel, super grippy, the elasticated sleeve on the clamcleat keeps everything super compact and simple, the lines seem stiffer and running out was effortless, ozone lines have always been my fave and they've stepped up a knotch, if you're looking for an all round kite for all disciplines it's certainly worth a good run, remember to play with the settings, wind was ok but not outstanding, this would certainly add to the grin factor

omg
276 posts
13 Feb 2018 6:07PM
Thumbs Up

hi guys, have you tested the 12m? Especially interested in its low end as it would be my biggest kite for surf freestyle. Any feedback appreciated! =)

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
14 Feb 2018 12:23PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
omg said..
hi guys, have you tested the 12m? Especially interested in its low end as it would be my biggest kite for surf freestyle. Any feedback appreciated! =)

Our demo V2 is a 12m. I find the bottom end similar to the 2018 Dice if that helps.

Adam'KiteRepair
NSW, 331 posts
14 Feb 2018 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
omg said..

Hey OMG, I have. Its pretty efficient but at my wieght I decided to go the 11. bit faster in the air so still fun. Im 68-72 kg depending on beer consumption.

gorgemay
90 posts
20 Aug 2018 12:42AM
Thumbs Up

Now that the V2 Enduro has been out for a good while, what do you think? How is this kite in 12m for a 100kg rider? Bar pressure is medium or light to medium? Where does this kite fly in the window? Thanks!

Ozone Kites Aus
NSW, 884 posts
Site Sponsor
20 Aug 2018 9:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gorgemay said..
Now that the V2 Enduro has been out for a good while, what do you think? How is this kite in 12m for a 100kg rider? Bar pressure is medium or light to medium? Where does this kite fly in the window? Thanks!

Hey Gorgemay
Where do you live in Oz, have you got any other kites, what sizes? The 12 will work for someone in your weight range from 16/17 knots through to 26/27 knots. If you combine it with a larger and smaller board you will extend the wind range at both ends a couple of knots.
The Enduro V2 comes in a 14M and I have one in my quiver, its replaced my Zephyr as it works for me at 75kg in 10-17/18 knots and from there I'll be on a 12 or 10 Reo.
Regards
Steve

Phoney
NSW, 583 posts
21 Aug 2018 9:10AM
Thumbs Up

I bought the 12m recently. Only been out once in 17-20 (at one point gusting up to 26) knots. Smooth as silk at the lower end and ate the gusts without tearing me across the water. I have a 10m 2015 Catalyst and IMO it's not too different. Which is a good thing as up until now it's been my favorite kite.

When I was packing down I accidentally bumped a strut hose and it came off it's nipple and started rapidly deflating. It was a cinch to slip back over, but I noticed then that compared to the Cats it no longer has an o ring sleeve that clamps over that part of the hose. I guess it's not necessary.

KPSS Used
NSW, 372 posts
Site Sponsor
21 Aug 2018 10:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Phoney said..
I bought the 12m recently. Only been out once in 17-20 (at one point gusting up to 26) knots. Smooth as silk at the lower end and ate the gusts without tearing me across the water. I have a 10m 2015 Catalyst and IMO it's not too different. Which is a good thing as up until now it's been my favorite kite.

When I was packing down I accidentally bumped a strut hose and it came off it's nipple and started rapidly deflating. It was a cinch to slip back over, but I noticed then that compared to the Cats it no longer has an o ring sleeve that clamps over that part of the hose. I guess it's not necessary.

There should definitely be a sleeve that you pull across which clamps the hose onto the valve nipple, might have lost it? just use a cable tie for now.

WindWindow
WA, 4 posts
1 Mar 2019 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Enduro peeps!

I've got an enduro v2 quiver (8/10/12 on 23/25m lines) and I've started experimenting with kite loops. So far getting the timing right in about 20-30% of my attempts and the landing in about 0% :D

The logic would be to put the kite in freestyle mode for this exercice but.... could it be that the wave setting would be more appropriate as I learn the move? I have a feeling that when in freestyle mode the loop is slower, the "yank" is much stronger and the kite isn't as timing tolerant than when in wave mode. So is it possible that wave mode would be more gentle and therefore more suitable to learn the loops?

What do you guys think?

Macster
VIC, 276 posts
3 Mar 2019 8:27PM
Thumbs Up

My favourite is the 10m on 23m lines in freestyle and middle wing tip setting. 20-25 knots at 80ish kgs. 25+ knots I grab the 8m.

I haven't tried jumping kiteloops in wave setting just surface loops with the foil board. Loops are a bit more pivotal in wave setting so it could be slightly less yank.

It doesn't get much easier than the enduro so keep at it and make sure you're going out in enough wind and getting height in your jumps for the kite to catch you (5m is the minimum with the enduro and 7-8m height is enough for a soft landing. I'm only just getting the balls now to start going 10m+ which needs a second downloop to ride out clean.

WindWindow
WA, 4 posts
4 Mar 2019 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Macster!
Yeah I talked to a couple of Enduro peeps on the beach and the conclusion was that wave setting would produce less "yank" and higher loops (heliloop-ish).

MikeC4
VIC, 10 posts
4 Mar 2019 2:41PM
Thumbs Up

I've just started to switch my quiver and bought a 14m Enduro V2 last week!!
10m Enduro on order (moreover i'll pick one up when the 10 & 8m Lithiums on consignment at The Zu Boardsports in St Kilda have been sold).

Was running a 14/10/8 Airush Lithium quiver for last 6 years. Was looking for something with a wider and softer power range with good drift and an all-rounder capability to improve on.

Quick question for the Enduro riders out there. What would be the best two-kite Enduro combo for me?
I weigh in at around 116kg. 7 years kiting. Intermediate. Usually ran a 14m Lithium from 17-18 knots (absolute minimum) up to say about 24 knots. The 10m would carry me from a solid 21-22 knots up to 30-ish. 8m from about 28 knots up to 36+ until it gets gnarly........

So should I run a 14m/10m Enduro quiver or 14m/11m Enduro quiver? Am I splitting hairs?
I understand the Enduros have a wider wind range, so leaning toward the 14/10 to cover the maximum range with two kites.
But I weigh a tone and don't like being under-powered, hence the 11m being a possibility?

For background, I used the old 8m Lithium about 5-6 times in nearly 4 years.
My weight made it difficult, the 8 had to be in exactly the right spot in the window to work or it would stall.
The wind and water state was pretty hard work at that end of the spectrum, so not something I really I pushed into.
Thoughts out there?

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Ozone Enduro V2" started by Ozone Kites Aus