Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Pat Love

Created by A1 > 9 months ago, 10 Sep 2009
A1
SA, 38 posts
10 Sep 2009 11:47AM
Thumbs Up

Recently we looked into stocking Pat Love harnesses. We purchased two for testing.
In short; There in the shop.

and here is why...

K-Pro Seat
The Build of the harnesses is good. reinforced in the areas were it is needed. The lower back support is comfy and gives good drive through the feet.
Also, the "get out of jail free card" (line knife), is in the right place. God Forbid you need it, it is easy to grab.

The best part of this harness, The hook and bar don't swivel through the bar pad.
Very well fitting harness.

the only negative, the adjustments are tricky to get too at first. But once you have fitted, the straps are neatly tucked away.

K - Air Malik
We loved the contoured waist fit, giving very little upward slide. All the adjustment straps are considered, and are neatly tucked away.

There is an adjustable lumber pad for the concerning rider, which wont get lost. Because its is tethered to the harness. Nice !

The negative; ... we are being picky,... color choice.

these high end product is well priced.

If you love seat harnneses, or love to pass the bar, give PAT-LOVE a closer look.
http://www.pat-love.com/default.asp

Disclosure: A1 KITEBOARDING, shop/school

Kitehard
WA, 2782 posts
Site Sponsor
10 Sep 2009 1:53PM
Thumbs Up

Hi A1,

Just for the record I'd like to point out that the K-Air Malik isn't high end, it is the opposite, it is entry level or base model. You wouldn't want to mislead people by poor choice of words.

K-PRO Seat $199
K-Air Malik (Basic model) $199
Cast (Intermediate range) $239
Quest (High End model) $269
TFMK (Top of the line Pro model) $279

Cheers,

KH

PS. The link to the Italian Pat Love website takes you to their website which hasn't been updated in nearly two years. The site is PRE the release of the Cast, Eve and Quest, and the TFM Kite pictured is an old model. Just to avoid any confusion!

sk1nner
VIC, 181 posts
11 Sep 2009 5:58PM
Thumbs Up

KH...I've been waiting on the new TFM to be released to give it a try, When are you expecting stock?

Kitehard
WA, 2782 posts
Site Sponsor
12 Sep 2009 12:15AM
Thumbs Up

sk1nner said...

KH...I've been waiting on the new TFM to be released to give it a try, When are you expecting stock?

Hi Sk1nner,

The new TFMK and the Quest are the only ones we are still waiting on, all the rest have already come in . It is due in another 3 weeks I believe. Around the start of October. It's a nice looking harny. I like the QR pins on the ends of the HP leash, this is a great feature all harnies should have IMHO.

Keep an eye on our website, we are announcing when gear arrives.

Cheers,

KH

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Pat Love" started by A1