Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Underground 2009 Pads/straps/fins/handles photos

Created by Kitepower Australia > 9 months ago, 23 Apr 2009
23 Apr 2009 11:35AM
Thumbs Up

Got them yesterday, fitted up several boards, super easy to fit as usual from Underground.
Have not ridden a board fitted with them yet, but from adjusting them on the shop floor they do feel very comfy.
The pad is a new shape and material, not just the side wing bits, but the base of the pad is different in shape and the texture of composition of the pad material.

Really unique design easy to adjust, there are no hard edges on the inside of the strap and when your foot is twisted in a riding stance your toes cannot touch any hard plastic on the sides of the strap/pad edge.

I'll post again after riding the boards.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

Undagekiter
QLD, 70 posts
23 Apr 2009 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

unreal finally we get to see the photos of the straps =D

how comfortable are they?

also is the surface pad the same as last years? or is it softer?

and how much are they selling for seperately?

Spacemonkey!
SA, 2288 posts
23 Apr 2009 12:16PM
Thumbs Up

This belongs in the review section if anything, it is a blatent advert. Basically, underground has some new product, lets spam up general board.

23 Apr 2009 1:23PM
Thumbs Up

@Undagekiter

Pad material is new, the shape is new too. It feels firmer when in your hands, but when you stand on it it feels better than the old ones, I think that has to do with the new shape.
I have not ridden the boards with the pad/straps fitted, but adjusting them in the shop they felt super comfy and they seel to hold down the heel part of your foot better than any other strap I tried on in comparison.

@Spacemonkey
STFU!
You are not in charge, my post is in response to undagekiter, he started a thread about this ages ago and I could not find it so started a new one.
Its not a review, I have not reviewed them and when I do I will put it in the reviews section. This is news, heaps of people are interested. Nearly every shop in Oz sells this brand, and its one of the most influential board brands in the world, get over it.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

Spacemonkey!
SA, 2288 posts
23 Apr 2009 1:05PM
Thumbs Up

Real mature, personal abuse. Doesn't matter what brand it is or how many shops sell them or how much interest there is. This has been explained to you several times. This is not the news section, this is the general forum for discussion (advert free). You could have easily posted on the review section or on the news feed after running it past Laurie. You just put it here because it gets the most traffic.

Rhys McClintock
NSW, 995 posts
23 Apr 2009 1:37PM
Thumbs Up

The lip on the back of the pad is much higher too, It's way higher than the sync lip, and much closer to the strap.
This is gonna keep your foot in very nicely... :)

It's certainly different to any other strap/pad setup i've seen....

COL
NSW, 513 posts
23 Apr 2009 2:40PM
Thumbs Up

Chill out guys, does it really matter which catagory it's posted under? It's not worth wetting your pants over.
But now for something that is of importance. I've had years of delight with my 06 twin concave UG 132 but saddly it finally fell off it's perch. Which leaves me with a difficult decision I also have a Cardboard Tempo quad concave 137 x 41, also fabulous but I'm just a tad dissapointed that it doesn't plane a bit earlier
Question, bearing in mind that Cardboard is Oz made & $150 cheaper, should I go for UG 132 x 39 or Cardboard 130 x 40, wave use only?
Thanks
COL

KFKiter
SA, 213 posts
23 Apr 2009 2:30PM
Thumbs Up

Kitepower Australia said...

@Spacemonkey
STFU!
You are not in charge, my post is in response to undagekiter, he started a thread about this ages ago and I could not find it so started a new one.
Its not a review, I have not reviewed them and when I do I will put it in the reviews section. This is news, heaps of people are interested. Nearly every shop in Oz sells this brand, and its one of the most influential board brands in the world, get over it.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

Nice Attitude for a shop owner.

Saffer
VIC, 4379 posts
23 Apr 2009 3:03PM
Thumbs Up

COL said...

Chill out guys, does it really matter which catagory it's posted under? It's not worth wetting your pants over.
But now for something that is of importance. I've had years of delight with my 06 twin concave UG 132 but saddly it finally fell off it's perch. Which leaves me with a difficult decision I also have a Cardboard Tempo quad concave 137 x 41, also fabulous but I'm just a tad dissapointed that it doesn't plane a bit earlier
Question, bearing in mind that Cardboard is Oz made & $150 cheaper, should I go for UG 132 x 39 or Cardboard 130 x 40, wave use only?
Thanks
COL

if you have the tempo model, then thats your problem. Its a wakestyle board so its designed to have lots of rocker. Lots of rocker = doesn't plane very fast. You would probably have been better suited to a freeride unless you planned to put bindings on it.

Danger Mouse
WA, 592 posts
23 Apr 2009 1:11PM
Thumbs Up

KP, how much are the new boards Fully decked out with new pads and all? Thinking of maybe upgrading from my 05 FLXs

D

23 Apr 2009 3:19PM
Thumbs Up

Spacemonkey! said...

Real mature, personal abuse. Doesn't matter what brand it is or how many shops sell them or how much interest there is. This has been explained to you several times. This is not the news section, this is the general forum for discussion (advert free). You could have easily posted on the review section or on the news feed after running it past Laurie. You just put it here because it gets the most traffic.

Harden up spacemonkey, where is the abuse?
When were you appointed the forum police? If Laurie or Pat has a problem with the post, they will deal with it and I'll wear their decision, otherwise you are whining.
An STFU with a smiley face after it = abuse?
Get real, you are always stalking my posts.

Its not a review, read it, its news, they are pics of pads and straps that heaps of people have been interested in, probably even you!!

@ Col
How much do you weigh mate? You might be better off with the 1.35 Underground?

bennie
ACT, 1258 posts
23 Apr 2009 4:29PM
Thumbs Up

I like that news of new products ends up here in the general discussion forum. Like Steve said its not a reveiw, just news on a new product available. I am much more interested in a thread like this than most of the rubbish that gets posted here.

Steve I have an 07 flx, these 09 straps look like they cover more of the top of your foot, would that be fair to say? also I wish I could make my 07 straps do up a bit tighter around my feet, I do them up as far as the straps allow, but my feet still tend to come out when I am inverted quite often. Any tips on how I could rectify this problem?

laurie
WA, 3778 posts
23 Apr 2009 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

You kids need to settle down, or you will both lose your toys, and be sent to ya rooms.

Admin view: Could probably belong in Gear Reviews, but nobody is going to lose an arm with it in here for a bit... there has been so much 'off topicness' in here over the last week, that personally I kinda welcome a post that actually has something to do with kiting.

Once it moves off the front page, the topic will do a Mobe to Gear Reviews.

onemorehuey
NSW, 158 posts
23 Apr 2009 4:35PM
Thumbs Up

Could these be classed as backless bindings?.........

lex123
NSW, 511 posts
23 Apr 2009 4:46PM
Thumbs Up

^^^^^ gold...... but lets not start this one again. syncs are still better anyways.

23 Apr 2009 5:06PM
Thumbs Up

bennie said...

I like that news of new products ends up here in the general discussion forum. Like Steve said its not a reveiw, just news on a new product available. I am much more interested in a thread like this than most of the rubbish that gets posted here.

Steve I have an 07 flx, these 09 straps look like they cover more of the top of your foot, would that be fair to say? also I wish I could make my 07 straps do up a bit tighter around my feet, I do them up as far as the straps allow, but my feet still tend to come out when I am inverted quite often. Any tips on how I could rectify this problem?

G'day Bennie

I agree 100%, the amount of totally off topic trash talk in here is a joke and then we get whiney whiners and self appointed forum police moaning about where a thread about something new and to do with kitesurfing belongs, whatever!

I think one of the pics was offending, it had a Kitepowert sticker visible, so I removed it.

You can get 3 sizes in the old straps, maybe see if the smalls fit you better most boards came fitted with the M size strap/upper.
However I think these new Underground syncless backless bindingless bindings would be a better choice, these things have Steeze, and everyone wants more of that eh?
I don't have prices yet, but an upgrade will be likely be your best option. The pads and straps must be used together, you cannot just use the strap on its own, or even buy them on their own, they come as a unit strap and pad together.

Cya and

Goodwinds

McLess

andyy
QLD, 232 posts
23 Apr 2009 5:41PM
Thumbs Up

Kitepower Australia said...

Harden up spacemonkey, where is the abuse?
When were you appointed the forum police? If Laurie or Pat has a problem with the post, they will deal with it and I'll wear their decision, otherwise you are whining.
An STFU with a smiley face after it = abuse?

Get real, you are always stalking my posts.

You know what?? I have got to agree with you. Spacemonkey is always stalking certain peoples' posts. Due to his inferior self, he feels that he needs to cut everyone else down to size.

Danger Mouse
WA, 592 posts
23 Apr 2009 4:16PM
Thumbs Up

D_Meredith79 said...

KP, how much are the new boards Fully decked out with new pads and all? Thinking of maybe upgrading from my 05 FLXs

D

Thinking 135.

Cheers,

D

23 Apr 2009 6:21PM
Thumbs Up

D_Meredith79 said...

D_Meredith79 said...

D

Thinking 135.

Cheers,

D

Prices are up KP website now, just the separate price for the strap/pad sets is not up there yet, will be tomorrow.
Pad/strap sets will be $258

Complete boards will be $995, and includes free shipping anywhere in Oz.

www.kitepower.com.au/catalog/product_17502_Underground_FLX_cat_350.html

All sizes in stock now.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

23 Apr 2009 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

COL said...

Thanks
COL

How much do you weigh Col? Got a couple of different sized kites?

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

FreeFerty
NSW, 169 posts
23 Apr 2009 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Posting in 2nd epic footstrap thread in 2 seasons.

sir ROWDY
WA, 5312 posts
23 Apr 2009 4:44PM
Thumbs Up

WOW!!! Its a kiting revolution!! next greatest thing since the 100% depowerable kite! Its got double velcro!!! its got lips to hold you in!! hOooOOlllLLyyyYYYy!!! what are they going to come up with next now they have progressed so far!!???.

Spacemonkey!
SA, 2288 posts
23 Apr 2009 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

andyy said...

You know what?? I have got to agree with you. Spacemonkey is always stalking certain peoples' posts. Due to his inferior self, he feels that he needs to cut everyone else down to size.

LOL, coming from the man himself. Log onto my facebook he has commented on about everyone of my photos and all over my wall, now stalking me down on seabreeze. You can't ghost me Andy give up...

P.S You can't post prices or link to your website and one of your pictures still has a KP sticker. You say this is not such a big deal but if everyone did it this forum wouldn't be worth reading the ammount of spam on it. Your even trying to make a sale on here... Let the thumbs do the talking, only reason it is still up here is probably because the admins don't want to here you complaining because the bad monkey damaged your business.

All I asked was for it to be in the review section where it belongs... To give all the other posters and other brands equal opportunity...

milko
NSW, 604 posts
23 Apr 2009 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

$258 that's seems a bit steep.. That's $120 more than the old ones and $90 more than the syncs..I called today visa ready to buy these but was told not available for a few weeks on there own..only with boards..but at that price.. might have to give them a miss

ruffryder61
QLD, 470 posts
23 Apr 2009 9:43PM
Thumbs Up

some people get away with ads in general forum, others dont..

we have a bit of a lobby here i reckon

sir ROWDY
WA, 5312 posts
23 Apr 2009 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Wow thats expensive, for that price you could nearly buy a set of closed toe bindings.... with hardware included.

COL
NSW, 513 posts
23 Apr 2009 10:20PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry for sidetracking the thread guys. I'm 75kg Steve, with 9 & 13 hybrids.
I think I could have made myself clearer also. My 132/130 question was for good conditions. My 137 Tempo is a good lighter wind option so I'm still well powered on my 9. And it surfs very well by the way. Saffer, by chance I do have a dble concave 138 Cardboard Freeride, which does plane earlier, but I still tend to go for the Tempo in preference, & then also use a surfboard.
Cheers COL

Charl dv
WA, 2485 posts
23 Apr 2009 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

does that mean if i want to order a Steeze board with no foot hooks on it I can get it for $750?

$250 for some velcro that hold ur feet in is stupidly rediculous, i got my hyperlite 3ds delivered with mounting hardware for $160

23 Apr 2009 11:03PM
Thumbs Up

COL said...

Sorry for sidetracking the thread guys. I'm 75kg Steve, with 9 & 13 hybrids.
I think I could have made myself clearer also. My 132/130 question was for good conditions. My 137 Tempo is a good lighter wind option so I'm still well powered on my 9. And it surfs very well by the way. Saffer, by chance I do have a dble concave 138 Cardboard Freeride, which does plane earlier, but I still tend to go for the Tempo in preference, & then also use a surfboard.
Cheers COL

Col I reckon the 1.32 would be ideal.
The background noise is nothing unusual Col and certainly not your fault. Some of these tools would rather fill the general forum with snipes and negativity or just mindless babble about all sorts of non kitesurfing related rubbish.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

23 Apr 2009 11:05PM
Thumbs Up

Charl dv said...

does that mean if i want to order a Steeze board with no foot hooks on it I can get it for $750?

$250 for some velcro that hold ur feet in is stupidly rediculous, i got my hyperlite 3ds delivered with mounting hardware for $160

The price of the Steeze, deck and fins only is on the KP website now.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

sir ROWDY
WA, 5312 posts
23 Apr 2009 9:09PM
Thumbs Up

yeah GEEZZZ!!! with the sort of rabble that goes on in here your would think we were surfing an internet forum or something.....

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Underground 2009 Pads/straps/fins/handles photos" started by Kitepower Australia