Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Wainman ManiaC

Created by STELLA01 > 9 months ago, 10 Feb 2014
cirum
QLD, 10 posts
12 Aug 2014 9:23PM
Thumbs Up

I have been flying the 9.5 for a bit now and I find the kite very powerful. I am 75kg and when the wind gets after the 20knts mark the kite gets very hard to use pulling so much. Anyone with this same feedback?

kungfupete
VIC, 149 posts
15 Aug 2014 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
cirum said..
I have been flying the 9.5 for a bit now and I find the kite very powerful. I am 75kg and when the wind gets after the 20knts mark the kite gets very hard to use pulling so much. Anyone with this same feedback?

I'm also about 75kgs riding my 11.5 up to 20 knots and yeah its pretty powered. But I like to be powered up (its my ride style I guess). C kites have a much smaller wind range, that most other kites. But what C kites have in their favour is their stability and solid feed back.

I'm really liking the maniacs, and am torn between getting a 14m maniac & 14.5 rabbit, for Light Wind Conditions. I think the 14m will suit my riding better, but the 14.5 rabbit will have a way better wind range. Decisions ahhh

P.S. At 25knots I'd be on my Mr Green 7.5m (Delta).

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
19 Aug 2014 9:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kungfupete said..

cirum said..

I'm also about 75kgs riding my 11.5 up to 20 knots and yeah its pretty powered. But I like to be powered up (its my ride style I guess). C kites have a much smaller wind range, that most other kites. But what C kites have in their favour is their stability and solid feed back.

I'm really liking the maniacs, and am torn between getting a 14m maniac & 14.5 rabbit, for Light Wind Conditions. I think the 14m will suit my riding better, but the 14.5 rabbit will have a way better wind range. Decisions ahhh

in light winds you always want that bigger kite. Keep the c kites for the powered conditions man and get the 14.5 rabbit (p.s haven't ridden either)

cirum
QLD, 10 posts
19 Aug 2014 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kungfupete said...
cirum said..

I'd use the Mr Green or the gypsy as well on 25 knts. I thought that 18/20 knts would be the sweet spot of the 9.5 maniac but it is a real truck by how much it pulls. Next time I'll try taking it out on 15 knts and see what happens ( even though the 11.5 it's good for that wind). Maybe the 9.5 has a very good bottom end???

kungfupete
VIC, 149 posts
21 Aug 2014 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Big eeeZeee said..

kungfupete said..

cirum said..

in light winds you always want that bigger kite. Keep the c kites for the powered conditions man and get the 14.5 rabbit (p.s haven't ridden either)

I think you're right eZe. Have you got a 17m Zephyr? How does that go in light winds?

Eaglelad
VIC, 116 posts
21 Aug 2014 11:17PM
Thumbs Up

Going through the same dilemma re: big kite, does a zephyr actually slack?! Keen to hear your thoughts when you test pete
Airush claims a sub 10 knot range for their 13 wish that was true!

Drury
NSW, 502 posts
23 Aug 2014 5:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Eaglelad said..
Going through the same dilemma re: big kite, does a zephyr actually slack?! Keen to hear your thoughts when you test pete
Airush claims a sub 10 knot range for their 13 wish that was true!

The Zephyr does not slack like a C kite does but it also doesn't do a massive power boost after you pop. It's a steady pull throughout your trick. I'm happy doing passes on it from the 10-17 knot range with it's true high end at 20-22 knots. It's an amazing kite and will really give you a lot more sessions.

Big eeeZeee
NSW, 1100 posts
26 Aug 2014 12:04AM
Thumbs Up

yeah what drury said. Great light wind kite but you still want close to 15knots when you're in boots (rockered board). Would buy it again over any other kite on the market right now for light wind waakestyle

STELLA01
WA, 123 posts
26 Aug 2014 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Kungfupete

have been flying a Big Mama 14.5 rabbit for 2 seasons now, all who fly it love it, unhooked, boosting, freeride in light winds seems to do it all, started kite looping it last summer and was stoked with the controlled pull, makes a boring light wind day exciting again

kungfupete
VIC, 149 posts
1 Sep 2014 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
STELLA01 said..
Kungfupete

have been flying a Big Mama 14.5 rabbit for 2 seasons now, all who fly it love it, unhooked, boosting, freeride in light winds seems to do it all, started kite looping it last summer and was stoked with the controlled pull, makes a boring light wind day exciting again

Sounds good mate. I reckon that's the go

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Wainman ManiaC" started by STELLA01