Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

Wave kite Religion

Created by castill0jf > 9 months ago, 10 Sep 2018
castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
10 Sep 2018 6:12AM
Thumbs Up

Hello,

The new wave kite from RRD looks amazing. Anyone who owns RRD Religion mk9 can comment on this post? I own NEO and think are the best kites but I am interested in this kite. On the video, you can see the rider looping the kite and it appears he is not being junked off the board. It is an important selling point for me. note, drifting, looping and power are the selling point for me

cheer

Falco
102 posts
10 Sep 2018 4:19PM
Thumbs Up

Great kite personaly I prefer it over the neo faster turning kite and probably similar/equal drift but found the increased turning speed helped with any flaws with your timing/technique, or if needing to make any quick changes to adjust to the wave

mazdon
1196 posts
11 Sep 2018 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey castill

religions been a solid wave kite for a while, so I'm sure it would ride well.
my 2c after watching the vid:
- it's an ad, of course it looks "amazing"
- the looping while riding looks like it's in pretty light winds, side off, down loop to redirect kite, so unlikely to pull off wave - not a great example to confirm what you need
- religions I have ridden in past did pivot turn like that really nicely, and had fast steering, if that's your bag, but I didn't find all that powerful in delivery
- drift in the vid just looks like what I would expect from any straight wave kite in hands of decent rider nowadays

Always needs to unfortunately be said - demo demo demo - and let us know how you go!
(can't bloody wait for summer)

castill0jf
VIC, 563 posts
12 Sep 2018 3:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
mazdon said..
Hey castill

religions been a solid wave kite for a while, so I'm sure it would ride well.
my 2c after watching the vid:
- it's an ad, of course it looks "amazing"
- the looping while riding looks like it's in pretty light winds, side off, down loop to redirect kite, so unlikely to pull off wave - not a great example to confirm what you need
- religions I have ridden in past did pivot turn like that really nicely, and had fast steering, if that's your bag, but I didn't find all that powerful in delivery
- drift in the vid just looks like what I would expect from any straight wave kite in hands of decent rider nowadays

Always needs to unfortunately be said - demo demo demo - and let us know how you go!
(can't bloody wait for summer)

thank you for the information.

senki
NSW, 28 posts
28 Sep 2018 9:44AM
Thumbs Up

looks pretty good.
i ride neos.
2017 and 2018 Neos are very similar. but the 2019 has a slightly heavier bar load.makes the kite feel very direct.
there stiffer/ faster kites.you should demo the duotone neo.

Falco
102 posts
28 Sep 2018 9:34AM
Thumbs Up

There is only one aspect the neo out performs the religion and it's purely on ease off resale, as more people flock to the mainstream kite companies

bearbusa
QLD, 295 posts
21 Oct 2018 1:49PM
Thumbs Up

Have ridden religions since day 1 long time ago ,they were insane fast and did drift reasonably good, probably the first real wave kite

They improved each year right up to the 2015 year , when they sacrificed speed for more all round preformance
Have last years religions and happy to say they are back to super fast and drift even better, the new mk9 looks even better

Lived in Wa for many years and now back in Qld, dealt with John from SOS fremantle , he has been the longest supplier of religions in Aus , great guy and knows his stuff, a true waterman and good business man ,stands behind every thing he sells.
Of course above is only my take on the religons have been kiting for over 18 years now mostly on RRD and have owned and tried nearly every kite, have always tried new brands that produce wave kites to see if the Religions are as good as i think, so far havnt been tempeted to change.
It all comes down to what suits you , forget what the best cause every one kites them, kite what you feel good with ,most of the wave kites are all good these days so enjoy and try them all.

Dl33ta
TAS, 461 posts
28 Jan 2019 3:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bearbusa said..

Have ridden religions since day 1 long time ago ,they were insane fast and did drift reasonably good, probably the first real wave kite

They improved each year right up to the 2015 year , when they sacrificed speed for more all round preformance
Have last years religions and happy to say they are back to super fast and drift even better, the new mk9 looks even better

Lived in Wa for many years and now back in Qld, dealt with John from SOS fremantle , he has been the longest supplier of religions in Aus , great guy and knows his stuff, a true waterman and good business man ,stands behind every thing he sells.
Of course above is only my take on the religons have been kiting for over 18 years now mostly on RRD and have owned and tried nearly every kite, have always tried new brands that produce wave kites to see if the Religions are as good as i think, so far havnt been tempeted to change.
It all comes down to what suits you , forget what the best cause every one kites them, kite what you feel good with ,most of the wave kites are all good these days so enjoy and try them all.

Any idea of the bottom end compared to a Neo?

bearbusa
QLD, 295 posts
5 Feb 2019 5:59PM
Thumbs Up

D133ta
Not sure on the Neo bottom end havnt tried the latest , the 2018 - 2019 religons, 18 and 19 both have significant more bottom end than the 2017 and earlier years

Dl33ta
TAS, 461 posts
21 Feb 2019 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bearbusa said..
D133ta
Not sure on the Neo bottom end havnt tried the latest , the 2018 - 2019 religons, 18 and 19 both have significant more bottom end than the 2017 and earlier years

Thanks bearbusa, I've gone all in and ordered a replacement quiver for my 2015 Neo's. Can't demo them first so that news makes me feel a lot better!

bearbusa
QLD, 295 posts
26 Feb 2019 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dl33ta said..

bearbusa said..
D133ta

Thanks bearbusa, I've gone all in and ordered a replacement quiver for my 2015 Neo's. Can't demo them first so that news makes me feel a lot better!

In Wa again for a bit , had a sess the other day with my new religions 2018 , great kite
20 knots was on my Cotan board and 7

There was a guy on which i thought was a new NEO riding close to us on the downwinder, kite looked very good and he powered up on a SB and 7, smiling all the way from what i could see

olivierrobinet
NSW, 3 posts
22 Sep 2019 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

Religion is the best wave kite I ever ride , easy and so solid

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"Wave kite Religion" started by castill0jf