Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

dynabar help

Created by Forcetwelve > 9 months ago, 23 Dec 2013
Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
23 Dec 2013 8:14PM
Thumbs Up

Hi - hoping someone can help me with my dynabar setup. I've watched their video - which is really really unintuitive. I would like to setup the rope only option.

Can anyone tell me:

- do i use both rope pieces (black and white)?
- assuming my chicken loop hooks on to the hook provided that attaches to the rope?
- it came setup with the rope option but the hook doesn't seem to slide. does it slide or simply stretch?

any leads on the setup of these would be great.

23 Dec 2013 10:04PM
Thumbs Up

Does this help

www.dynabar.nl/index.php/dynabar-wave-kite-harnas-a.html

If not where did you get it, can you go back and ask your dealer for some help?

Yes you use the hook, to attach your chicken loop, keep tension on it by pushing away on the C-Loop until you have launched so it does not fall off the hook during launch. The grey rope should go through the roller attached to the hook, the black bungee just help centre the hook.
Hook your chicken loop in
and have someone hold it while you are wearing your harness with the dynabar attached, everything should become obvious.

Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
23 Dec 2013 11:41PM
Thumbs Up

Hey - I got it from you guys - thanks for replying here. This pic is what it came like:

Do I need to do any more to it or is it ready to go like this? I read something about the bolts and locktite? Many thanks for the clarification!

FromSAtoAus
WA, 43 posts
24 Dec 2013 4:20AM
Thumbs Up

Hey Kitepower, sent you an email a few days ago. I tried to get a V7 from you guys but the website only gave the option of 'small'. Is this right? I thought there was only one size? Thanks. (Basically the pin fell out and I lost the plastic roller thingy on my current Dynabar so I thought I'd get a whole new set up intead of just replacing the missing part.)

rgeo
NSW, 46 posts
25 Dec 2013 10:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Forcetwelve said...
Hey - I got it from you guys - thanks for replying here. This pic is what it came like:

Do I need to do any more to it or is it ready to go like this? I read something about the bolts and locktite? Many thanks for the clarification!

That's ready to go. The only difference in my setup is I take the hook off the black bungee. I find I don't need it but that's just a personal preference for riding waves. I find it returns to center anyway, or rather, it goes where it should depending on how your body is angled towards the kite. Try both ways and see what feels better. I use a donkey dick to hold the chicken loop to the hook otherwise it will keep falling out. Of course no unhooking when like this but your hips are so unrestricted with this set up you don't need to unhook.

Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
26 Dec 2013 8:50AM
Thumbs Up

thanks guys - will test it out as soon as there's wind and see how she goes!

surfingboye
NSW, 2707 posts
26 Dec 2013 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
rgeo said...
Forcetwelve said...

That's ready to go. The only difference in my setup is I take the hook off the black bungee. I find I don't need it but that's just a personal preference for riding waves. I find it returns to center anyway, or rather, it goes where it should depending on how your body is angled towards the kite. Try both ways and see what feels better. I use a donkey dick to hold the chicken loop to the hook otherwise it will keep falling out. Of course no unhooking when like this but your hips are so unrestricted with this set up you don't need to unhook.

Just a quick note, the black bungee is really there to center the hook when you unhook.
When looking to hook back in the hook is centered perfectly! Bit tricky without it...
Good luck with the setup guys, slider bars are the way to go!

Forcetwelve
TAS, 170 posts
28 Dec 2013 11:08AM
Thumbs Up

Tried the dynabar yesterday - safe to say it's a great improvement for walking the kite and toeside riding. Feels really good and there's no more of that harness riding up and uncomfortable swivel around to the side. Most recommended.

28 Dec 2013 11:31AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FromSAtoAus said..

Hey Kitepower, sent you an email a few days ago. I tried to get a V7 from you guys but the website only gave the option of 'small'. Is this right? I thought there was only one size? Thanks. (Basically the pin fell out and I lost the plastic roller thingy on my current Dynabar so I thought I'd get a whole new set up intead of just replacing the missing part.)

Sorry about the Dynabar listing on our website, it will be fixed soon. In the meantime, there are 2 sizes in the V7 (and earlier versions like the V5 we have on special) Small or 11" fits small and medium harnesses/body better and 13" fits the larger sizes.
We can supply a new hook with new roller and pin, call 02 95296894 for details.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"dynabar help" started by Forcetwelve