Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

slingshot sst wave

Created by coastalkombi > 9 months ago, 23 Jan 2017
coastalkombi
VIC, 93 posts
23 Jan 2017 7:42PM
Thumbs Up

I've been riding Waiman's for quite some time (almost 6 years) and just recently switched across to the Slingshot Wave series, both in the 10m and 8m kites. I'll start off with the 10 - I'm a small kite kind of guy only, but this 10m has changed my view on that world. I predominately only ride a surfboard and have found light wind on big kites just not what I'm chasing. But a recent demo had me buying one of these straight out of the shop the first time I used it. Build quality is typical Slingshot - and their new bar system is out of this world with build quality. I've had the 8m out a few times - it's a grunty little unit. It doesn't have the top end that my 7.5 Waiman did but that very rarely got tested out here around the Torquay area. But if you're in the market for a new kite, these are a pretty wicked surf range.pop in and see the team at stonker torquay

PRAWNDOG
WA, 306 posts
26 Jan 2017 5:30PM
Thumbs Up

How would the sst wave compare to the reo/Neo/wave/religion, ie turning speed, power/pull/bar pressure, dtl drift, unhooked ect ???..........

castill0jf
VIC, 551 posts
27 Jan 2017 6:31PM
Thumbs Up

Nice picture . I am currently using NEO. My 12 SST waves kites 2016 will be deliver in a few more days. I demoed the kite twice and I like the kite. I got a very good deal and decided to give it a try. Also a lot of people write positive feed back. From observation on the beach and the demo session I had a few weeks ago I think the NEO has more power. I will test the turn speed power, top end, low end and the drifting. I am sure the quality is a good as North.

cheers

Nathe
WA, 354 posts
27 Jan 2017 7:18PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Wilfred said..
I've been riding Waiman's for quite some time (almost 6 years) and just recently switched across to the Slingshot Wave series, both in the 10m and 8m kites. I'll start off with the 10 - I'm a small kite kind of guy only, but this 10m has changed my view on that world. I predominately only ride a surfboard and have found light wind on big kites just not what I'm chasing. But a recent demo had me buying one of these straight out of the shop the first time I used it. Build quality is typical Slingshot - and their new bar system is out of this world with build quality. I've had the 8m out a few times - it's a grunty little unit. It doesn't have the top end that my 7.5 Waiman did but that very rarely got tested out here around the Torquay area. But if you're in the market for a new kite, these are a pretty wicked surf range.pop in and see the team at stonker torquay

Sounds like stonkers doing a self plug because someone mention wainman vs slingshot in another post

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"slingshot sst wave" started by coastalkombi