Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

switchblade/xbow trim modification

Created by cp > 9 months ago, 16 Jan 2006
cp
QLD, 50 posts
16 Jan 2006 3:46PM
Thumbs Up

Hey all

After riding my switchblade for a while I noticed that I didn't need to adjust the trim much if at all once I had it set. Therefore there is not much need for those stupid dangly bits that they put on to allow you to adjust it when flying but really just get in the way. So I cut them off and wacked on some small pieces of webbing so I could still adjust it. Now I can no longer adjust it when I am flying but I all I have to do is land the kite, pull in on the center line, adjust it and relaunch. Too easy.

This makes the bar heaps neater, makes it easier to roll up your lines and stops those bits getting tangled in the lines.

Fitzy
QLD, 617 posts
6 Feb 2006 12:52AM
Thumbs Up

Good Idea. I have been wrapping mine in a tube of wetsuit material to try to keep them under control

Fitzy Gold oast OZ

4DICE
QLD, 158 posts
16 Feb 2006 5:48PM
Thumbs Up

quote:
Originally posted by cp

Hey all

After riding my switchblade for a while I noticed that I didn't need to adjust the trim much if at all once I had it set. Therefore there is not much need for those stupid dangly bits that they put on to allow you to adjust it when flying but really just get in the way. So I cut them off and wacked on some small pieces of webbing so I could still adjust it. Now I can no longer adjust it when I am flying but I all I have to do is land the kite, pull in on the center line, adjust it and relaunch. Too easy.

This makes the bar heaps neater, makes it easier to roll up your lines and stops those bits getting tangled in the lines.

What happens when you want to start doing unhooked and you cant reach the strap to depower a little bit??? i wouldnt go all way out n cut em off, but yeh they are pretty annoying

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"switchblade/xbow trim modification" started by cp