Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

underground boards

Created by rusty7 > 9 months ago, 7 May 2008
rusty7
QLD, 504 posts
7 May 2008 1:07PM
Thumbs Up

Anyone tried the new underground boards yet. I visited the underground boys in the Christchurch factory last week in New Zealand and had a look at the new design. Unfortunately no wind so couldn't try one. The guys always have a board or two against the wall so anyone kiting in the sewer pond outside can come in a grab one for a try. I have riden a lot of different boards, but I must say these look well worth a try. The flexible tip design Similar to nobile but no sharp edges on the level transition areas is nice and the guys tell me they find the quad concave makes a big difference to the drive of the board. ....... anyone know???

walshd
SA, 601 posts
7 May 2008 1:16PM
Thumbs Up

I've been waiting for nearly 3 weeks to get mine

Not that we've had any wind yet anyway. But I'm feeling like a toddler wanting his chrissy present and mum wont let him have it til tomorrow.

Next week maybe? Bloody Customs!! Just let the damn boards through So I can get mine finally

7 May 2008 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

rusty7 said...

Anyone tried the new underground boards yet. I visited the underground boys in the Christchurch factory last week in New Zealand and had a look at the new design. Unfortunately no wind so couldn't try one. The guys always have a board or two against the wall so anyone kiting in the sewer pond outside can come in a grab one for a try. I have riden a lot of different boards, but I must say these look well worth a try. The flexible tip design Similar to nobile but no sharp edges on the level transition areas is nice and the guys tell me they find the quad concave makes a big difference to the drive of the board. ....... anyone know???

They are so smooth to ride, they just keep improving. The board sticks landings better thn anything I have ridden and tracks through chop like its on railes. Can handle huge power and the tightest turns without any hint of skipping out.
There is a huge amount of experience behind the design team, and they take incredible care to incorporate it all into the boards, the 08's are amazing.

Cya and

Goodwinds

Steve

Enclave
QLD, 29 posts
15 May 2008 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

well the 07 was way to stiff on the tips!

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"underground boards" started by rusty7