Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

underground or nobile

Created by mopsy128 > 9 months ago, 28 Nov 2006
mopsy128
SA, 8 posts
28 Nov 2006 4:17PM
Thumbs Up

I need some advice on which is a better kiteboard underground flx or nobile 666. I am new to the sport so any advice would be appreciated, I weigh 90 kgs.

dachopper
WA, 1375 posts
28 Nov 2006 2:24PM
Thumbs Up

the best thing to do is try them both out. If your unsure what you like, both perform well and neither have any bad aspects.

IMO The nobile boards have more technology in them and are quite a step ahead, especially with you being able to adjust the boards rocker for chop when or if you like, they track very straight and are forgiving and have comfortable footstraps that are binding compatible, you can also get a special bottom for slider / kicker work or if you like to run over shells and rocks and want more protection. My last board was the underground flx, and now im on the 666, but if your only a beginner then the 555 will be just as usefull and cheaper than the 666.

its more what you want, and if you want abit more performance i would go the nobile

mopsy128
SA, 8 posts
28 Nov 2006 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

cheers dachopper....good to get someones elses opinion instead of just the guys trying to sell you the boards

dachopper
WA, 1375 posts
28 Nov 2006 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

the hard part is that they are both really good boards, and either would suit the average person. So it's more what you happy to look at and pay for really. :)

cammck
QLD, 108 posts
29 Nov 2006 8:05AM
Thumbs Up

I had a similar question a few weeks ago. Carbine replied, he had ridden both boards and recomended the Nobile 666.

Camo

mopsy128
SA, 8 posts
29 Nov 2006 9:01AM
Thumbs Up

cheers camo.....I think I will go with the 666 nobile

mopsy

MattyB
VIC, 80 posts
30 Nov 2006 2:34PM
Thumbs Up

Hey can't tell you what the 666 is like. However I got an ungerground 3 weeks ago, i'm a beginner to intermediate rider and I love this board. You won't be disapointed if you get, but as I said I havn't tried the 666.

I bought a 132 off a local dude that was 96kg and he said this board was to small for him. If it is and help he ended up getting a larger slingshot misfit but it could have been the other type os SS board, not too sure sorry, actually I think it was the other type of slingshot board, anyway, he loved the slingshot and said the design and size suited his weight. Not sure what his level of ridding was though.

mopsy128
SA, 8 posts
2 Dec 2006 2:56AM
Thumbs Up

cheers mate....getting the nobile 666, cant wait to have a crack

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"underground or nobile" started by mopsy128