Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

why no word on the Blade Trigger?

Created by kts > 9 months ago, 16 Jan 2015
kts
NSW, 26 posts
16 Jan 2015 9:54PM
Thumbs Up

Rider: 56kg, beginner

Hi all - I've been offered a 7m Blade Trigger - does anyone have an opinion on this brand/model?

thanks...

cauncy
WA, 7044 posts
17 Jan 2015 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kts said..

Hi all - I've been offered a 7m Blade Trigger - does anyone have an opinion on this brand/model?

thanks...

the trigger always gets glowing reviews in kiteworldmag/gear/reviews blade trigger, witnessed a few and they look a very stable kite, also repaired a few blades, mainly vertigo, they had a tendancy to delaminating valves, id say they may of sorted that in the newer models

Green Cherub
WA, 295 posts
17 Jan 2015 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

My first two kites were Blade Triggers..The 2012 model was pretty rubish, tended to jellyfish a fair amount when it got windier.since then i've riden a few more and the design and build quality has greatly improved (i think they come out of the same factory as the North kites now?).

I also have a 2013 12m blade which goes great, plenty of depower on it!

I'd say go for it if its a 2013 model and up.

The brand doesnt have a big foot hold in Aus so i guess thats why you see so few people reviewing them here. Plenty in other forums and as cauncy said the magazines too..

Spitfire
WA, 352 posts
18 Jan 2015 4:27AM
Thumbs Up

I've got a blade uni bar and it's great...Use to have a Fat Lady but she was kind of boring at 13knots...not her fault I just like them a little faster. Well built kite.

patto1987
NSW, 192 posts
18 Jan 2015 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
kts said...

thanks...

Have a Chat to James @AllianceGear he stocks Blade in NSW and rides the trigger himself.. The Trigger look a good all around kite that are priced fairly well..

Kraut
VIC, 474 posts
18 Jan 2015 12:29PM
Thumbs Up

Have a current model Trigger 5m as storm kite and used to have a Mist as well. Nothing negative to say about the latest Blades at all. As others said not the mainstream brand in OZ hence less hyped . Bar is nice and clean with the same swivel as e.g. Slingshot uses. Adjustable bar throw and extension lines, both handy.

kts
NSW, 26 posts
19 Jan 2015 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Great to hear good things all round (at least re latest models which is what I'm looking at getting). Many thanks to you all for taking time to comment...

YorksBoy
SA, 215 posts
19 Jan 2015 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

Been riding blade for last four years and kites keep getting better 2015 trigger 10m is amazing

afree
4 posts
8 Feb 2015 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Have a 2012 10m. Loved it... Stable. Boost++

Cons: Bar is cheap. Not the best depower.

TheGeneral
WA, 30 posts
13 Feb 2015 7:35PM
Thumbs Up

I've got 2014 Triggers in 7, 9 and 12m, and I give them the thumbs up. Versatile, user-friendly, good boost and great upwind. I especially like it when it's windy enough for the 7 (not that often, seeing as I'm nudging 80 kegs).

It's my second season on this quiver, and I feel like they've really helped me progress. I haven't had any issues with any of them, or the bar. The UniBar is very light compared with my old Slingshot Comp Stick, which was weird at first, but awesome once I got used to it. I find it lets me get a lot more feedback from the kite, and react more instinctively.

The 2013 model was the one that really took off, so they didn't change much in 2014. No thoughts to offer on 2015; I quit kite shopping when I bought these fellas.

John4F
116 posts
15 Feb 2015 10:06AM
Thumbs Up

Blade Trigger
- Great low end (the middle strut give a very deep profile to the kite)
- Goes upwind very well
- Turns quickly

Seems to have a bit more surface than announced compared to other brands.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Gear Reviews

"why no word on the Blade Trigger?" started by kts