Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

Cairns next week

Created by orac > 9 months ago, 8 Aug 2015
orac
QLD, 25 posts
8 Aug 2015 12:24PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys, off to Cairns then down to Cardwell to do the Hinchenbrook track... Hoping to do a little kiteboarding on Friday and then after the track... one week later.

I hear Yorkys is the go... It's my first season so considering croc spotting while jumping on a board at the same time might be an issue.. But I'm keen to get out of Brisvegus and find some sweet easterly wind up there.

I own 2 kites, 11mtr and a 13mtr both Switch Elements..(I'm 90kg on a 140 board) I'm tight for luggage as we have the hiking gear as well so hoping I can get away with just the one... which one and whats the water like.. Need a wetty? Also considering my level is yorkys the spot?

Appreciate your feeback

Surfer R
WA, 34 posts
9 Aug 2015 9:05AM
Thumbs Up

Yorkeys is spot and when wind is too southerly then Port Douglas is excellent and no need swimsuit and no crocs alert

orac
QLD, 25 posts
9 Aug 2015 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

Cheers mate. My partner was born up there and always reminds me of that danger. Thanks for your reply!

Kiwiburger
NSW, 33 posts
12 Aug 2015 1:30AM
Thumbs Up

I'm actually flying up to cairns on Friday for a weekend of kiting. I'm hoping to meet a couple of locals to kite with. I'm quietly ****ting myself about crocs, I got a place in trinity beach for the weekend but I think I'll spend most of my time at yorkys knob.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

"Cairns next week" started by orac