Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

Kiteboard Hervey Bay

Created by fuall > 9 months ago, 4 Apr 2014
fuall
WA, 375 posts
4 Apr 2014 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

If i'm Heading to Hervey Bay when is the best times or spots along the way? Flying into Brisbane.One newby and one Intermediate kiter

Greggor
QLD, 191 posts
4 Apr 2014 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

Hi fuall, there are tones of kiting spots up and down the coast in between Brissy and Hervey bay. Are you looking at kiting in Brissy, sunny coast, rainbow beach? What style of kiting are you interested in? flat water/ waves/ chop, I can help you in Brisbane and sunny coast, much further north i haven't been kiting there.

BurkeyBoy
QLD, 549 posts
7 Apr 2014 1:38AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Fuall. If you're on a certain social media site, check out Hervey Bay Kiteboarders and I can help you out with some info, otherwise message me with when you're here and for how long.

harlie
QLD, 188 posts
7 Apr 2014 9:11AM
Thumbs Up

I'm heading up for easter - I'm not a member of that social media site. Is there a special club?

I did catch that very public spat on here month or so back before it was deleted....

BurkeyBoy
QLD, 549 posts
7 Apr 2014 11:18AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
harlie said..

I'm heading up for easter - I'm not a member of that social media site. Is there a special club?

I did catch that very public spat on here month or so back before it was deleted....

Hi Harlie. No special club up here but if you need some info on where, when and is it worth it?, then message me. Steve.

iandvnt
QLD, 581 posts
11 Apr 2014 11:07PM
Thumbs Up

does the trade/prevailing wind travel up the coast like on west coast now over next few months? ie 5 days of wind a week in may 800km north of brisbane?? something liek that? 5 days a week july 1500km north?...

BurkeyBoy
QLD, 549 posts
12 Apr 2014 10:54AM
Thumbs Up

From May onwards winds in the southern half of qld are ordinary at best. Trade winds only really effect far north qld. Search port Douglas area for more detailed info.

fuall
WA, 375 posts
12 Apr 2014 2:50PM
Thumbs Up

cheers for the info,Heading over next year and looking for best time and conditions.Have family in Hervey and want to kite from Brisbane to Hervey and surrounds on the way up.Still in developing stage of kiting,started in safety bay.Wind here has died in the arse.Lucky i surf yew! Will check out the info given

dafunk
QLD, 559 posts
12 Apr 2014 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

Might take a few days Brisbane to Hervey Bay !!! LOL
Spring or autum best for winds imo

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing Queensland

"Kiteboard Hervey Bay" started by fuall