Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

Kiting Mums & Dads Group?

Created by SheKiter > 9 months ago, 26 Mar 2015
SheKiter
NSW, 4 posts
26 Mar 2015 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hi everyone!

I'm just about to start my mat leave (1st child) - yay! :) ...and with the pregnancy, it's been at least a year since I've kited - boo! :(

I'm super excited to get back on the water and thought there might be other mums or dads on parental leave or those staying at home with their kids longer term, who might also be frothing to get out for afternoon sessions when the wind's a blowin'!! :)

Let me know if you fit into this category and we might be able to start a little group to share looking after kids on the beach and taking turns with the kite.

Best to only have confident kiters at this point unless we end up with enough people to split kid-watching and kite-helping duties.

I live in Freshwater on Sydney's Northern Beaches. Have mostly kited Botany and Kurnel but will be looking to kite north side more now that time will be limited.

Hopefully I'll hear from some of you :) Can't wait to get kiting again!
Christina

kitcho207
NSW, 861 posts
26 Mar 2015 4:13PM
Thumbs Up

I would have been there if i was still on shift work.
I had a few years of staying at home with the kids and watching the trees blow.
a few hours break a few times a week would have been soooo go.

gkawo
VIC, 193 posts
15 Apr 2015 11:09AM
Thumbs Up

This is a great idea! I wish it could be done up in North QLD. I am a dad with a single son and yeah sometimes I just have to grin and smile seeing the trees blowing side to side!
Any parent kiters in Townsville area care to start a group?

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
16 Apr 2015 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
gkawo said..
This is a great idea! I wish it could be done up in North QLD. I am a dad with a single son and yeah sometimes I just have to grin and smile seeing the trees blowing side to side!
Any parent kiters in Townsville area care to start a group?

were bouts are you mate. im in the same boat, my wife travels for work at lease 3 days a week and iv missed so many days on the water!

kemp90
QLD, 1692 posts
16 Apr 2015 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

Forget that last bit. I'm an idiot and I didn't read all of your comment.

Sandfoot
VIC, 566 posts
18 Apr 2015 11:30AM
Thumbs Up

Just take the baby to the biggest beach you can find and place it in the middle of the beach, time how long it takes baby to crawl off the beach, usually on a large beach about 3 mins, then every 3 mins come back in from kiting and place it back in the centre of th beach.

At first baby might get a little upset at being left alone but make it into a game, hey.. Look massive sandpit. give baby rewards for behaving etc don't tell the mum

Kay1982
NSW, 274 posts
28 Apr 2015 7:49PM
Thumbs Up

Just get one of these.

Subscribe

Forums > Kitesurfing The Hookup

"Kiting Mums & Dads Group?" started by SheKiter